2019 Roland Garros

Are they? Where are they?

French Open in full swing on Day 6 and the forums Number 1 clay court aficionado has just weighed in with his first post on the 2019 Roland Garros thread in seven days. The post is not even about the French Open or tennis in the muck. Its about the Box Office, Championship at the All England Club.

2 Likes

Somebody please pick Boycott up off the floor.

Of all the recurring and painfully boring arguments which make TFK the special place it is, surely the most absurd is the one about whether TENNIS on grass or TENNIS on clay is more noteworthy. Fucking TENNIS.

@Horsebox, @Fran & @Batigol, set up a thread for nominations for most obscene recurring TFK argument and run a poll on it.

2 Likes

My vote for the most recurring and painfully boring argument would go to Glasgow Celtic related matters. The level of analysis, discussion and time that is spent on the world’s most uncompetitive domestic league is just something else. Agonising over whether this season’s 8, 9 or 10 in a row will be won by 15, 20 or 30 points. Fucking SCOTLAND SOCCER.

3 Likes

Not an argument

Be sure to copy and paste this well articulated contribution once @Horsebox sets up the nomination thread.

Actually @StoneCold you’re right, that’s not an argument. That’s an opinion.

You’ve your eye on the ball here so I think you should set up the thread.

I was talking this morning about the poor attendances at Roland Garros. How did you make that out to be a critique of the merits of tennis on grass over clay court tennis?

Had tickets for Court Suzanne- Lenglen for today but had to cancel due to change of plans. Thought I might have difficulty selling the tickets after reading the various articles but they sold within 3 minutes of putting them up on the resale on the Roland Garros website.

Noticeable that the number of giraffes in R3 of Roland Garros is minuscule.

Most of them have withdrawn (Kyrgios, Isner, Anderson, Raonic) but the likes of Cilic, Medvedev and Karlovic have all been knocked out too before R3.

1 Like

It’s box office. Tickets going for 800 for R3 on the black market.

A black market for an event that nobody is turning up to and is being played out in near empty stadiums!

It’s sold out

There’s close to nobody at it.

There was nobody at the Wimbledon men’s quarter final with home favourite Andy Murray a few years back at the peak time of the day.

Looks pretty full to me there in that picture bar a few seats Corporate seats. Odd that all you want to talk about with the French Open in full flow is Wimbledon and the Championship.

Nadal and Djokovic can’t even get a crowd in to watch them in Paris.

Sweep, sweep.

You need your eyes tested.

You’re some dinosaur.