2019 Ulster Senior Football Championship

Darren Hughes out with a broken ankle for around 3 months, could really scupper Monaghan for the year as young Kearns is also out after a heart op so that is their first choice midfield gone and it’s an area where they have no real adequate cover.

If Cavan can curtail McManus I see them beating Monaghan in the opener.

1 Like

I can see Armagh making the final, probably against Tyrone but Donegal are not to be written off.

A Tyrone-Armagh Ulster final on a sunny midsummer Sunday at Clones would be an occasion from the Gods.

1 Like

I’m thinking more along the lines of the tyrone team plane/bus crashing into the side of the Andes

1 Like

That would be a very strange route to take to Clones, would it not ?

The understanding of high altitude training is only in its infancy

Niall Kearns was back playing for his club this weekend so I’d presumed he will be involved for Monaghan at some stage this year.

Two exciting games to look forward this weekend.

Monaghan and Armagh are favourites but they should be close enough.

Monaghan have a few injury porblems and if Cavan can curtail McManus and avoid giving silly frees away they should be coming very close.

Down are very limited at the minute and Armagh should have too much for them but I think if Tally gets his side well drilled they should be able to frustrate Armagh whose defence is not the best.

I’m not too impressed with the Armagh team named, lots of regular names you’d expect to be starting like Morgan, Campbell, Sheridan, Grimley, Shields and 4 debutants in R O’Neill, Nugent, Kennedy and Jarly Og. While O’Neill and Burns are big talents, I’m not sure Kennedy and Nugent are up to this level. McGeeney has a habit of picking lads from nowhere and throwing them in at the deep end.

Oisin O’Neill and Murnin saw no game time in the league so I’m presume they are still out injured or not up to scratch yet.

1 Like

McKiernan is a Rolls Royce midfielder. Probably only Fenton is better than him at the minute.

1 Like

Beggan could go here?

That was very harsh on second viewing.

No more a penalty than shep the dog

The former Burnley trialist. :grin:

Cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

Malachy has new glasses.

Some point from McKiernan there.

Fair sunroof on Paudie McKenna.

Shep the dog ran onto the pitch as if to prove the point.

Shep is back on the pitch.

With his bad foot too. He’s a class act.

1 Like

Typical Ulster dogfight. This game needs a Ger Cavlan.

Indulgent effort from Moynagh there.