2020/2021 Champions League Round Of Eight (Quarter Finals)

Victory for two proper football clubs tonight and defeat for one proper one, Porto.

Losing 1-0 away from home in the first leg is a terrible result. They score and City need 3.

1 Like

When I ‘played’ football as a young lad, we had made two subs when our star striker got injured in injury time. The manager said there was no point brining on a final sub as the game was nearly over*. Number 14 was togged out ready to come in. @caulifloweredneanderthal feels the pain of Shaqiri there

*It turns out the ref played five more minutes. TBF, I was probably more a hindrance to go on up front (I was a dirty full back) than to stay playing with ten men. Also, I was shit

2 Likes

As I correctly said at half-time, Guardiola learned precisely fuck all from last year’s humiliation against Liverpool.

Don’t worry too much about it. They’ll batter them 3 or 4 níl in the return leg when they have to play.

What did you make of Firmino tonight, who is quite obviously still playing through an injured ankle?

Delph cost City by taking Kane out of the game. Spuds are so much better without him.

2 Likes

Fair play Spurs. Probably fair on the balance of play.

@backinatracksuit @GeoffreyBoycott @Matty_Hislop . Fair play.

4 Likes

Spurs have to cash in on Kane at seasons end.

Wouldn’t be surprised if spurs win the away leg too. City’s team selection tonight told the story their only interested in the league. Pep has become totally obsessed with winning the league and I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s from his Barca days or something I’m not sure.

Workman like from the redmen.
Porto displaying their great European heritage created a few chances and should have scored a goal
Positives for the redmen
Clean sheet
90 mins for big Dejan
Joe Baresi back on the bench
No bookings (I think)

Bar Matty hislop and Jeff that’s some collection of cunts.

3 Likes

Shadow of last years version. Most skillful player by a distance though. Looks a bit chubby around the gills

Cheers mate. Its only half time though and City will field a stronger side next week. All to play for still.

He wants the quadruple. No two ways about it.

Tottenham will score at least twice at the Emirates Stadium.

Son is a thoroughly likeable sort

4 Likes

City will score 5 next week.

With that net spend anything else would have to be considered a failure.

If does then he wouldn’t be resting some of his best players tonight. I