2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.Blame the dubs

Open Draw
Open Draw
Open Draw

Willie McCreery was interviewed at The Curragh today and called for an open draw and also for ‘Dublin to be drawn away to Galway in the first round’.

1 Like

Fucking hell. I’d say that was some conversation in Montrose.

We need to take to an ex GAA player about the open draw.

I know, I’ll call WIllie McCreerey.

2 Likes

Provincial Councils form part of the GAA structure. They are not going anywhere. It would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

The President of the Connacht Council wears the medal of office on his jacket everyday. To shop, mart or filling station.
These are prestigious positions, superior in fact to the Chairman of the C/B. How dare you trivialise these important arms of the organisation…

Of course any form of progressive thinking or anybody with an idea that would involve even modest change is treated with suspicion.

1 Like

Quirke always struck me as a decent sort and anything he’s done in the past 12 months or so has backed that up

1 Like

Leave the county players train with their counties Tuesday nights, clubs Thursday night’s with a club game the weekend. Think 99% of clubs be happy with that.

1 Like

Gaa doesn’t know what it represents anymore.

1 Like

Agreed. I see the GPA came out yesterday asking for cover for players who aren’t meant to be training anyway :man_shrugging:

That’s madness. Is it fair to say by the way league is treated by most teams pre season is probably longer than the actual season?

I think that would be a fair assessment of most sides outside the likes of Dublin. For many of them, the league is a much better competition anyway, especially since the era of Dublins domination.

1 Like

I remember Mark Rooney (God rest him) giving Gerry and almighty dig in the back one day he was reffing a game in Drumshanbo.I though Gerry was going to cry.

1 Like

I’ve known Gerry since minor days and while he’s never done or said anything to annoy me (that I’ve known of) I could never warm to him. I an era when we were all equal, as in we all had nathin’, Gerry strutted around as if the people of Cloone were his tenants…

“Good evening Mrs.Creegan, how’s Tommy keeping lately” that oul shite and we all knowing Tommy was below in the turfshed draining a few misappropriated naggins of whiskey.

I don’t know much about him tbf.I assume he’s just a puppet for the Connacht Council.

Who’s Gerry?

Gerry McGovern, President of the Connacht Council.

I’d completely forgotten about the advanced mark too.

This thing is going to be an absolute farce this year. I suppose if the new rules are going to ruin one Championship before being scrapped then it might as well be this one.

Sounds like he is a Mugwump.

1 Like

Well done to the Duds. Hard luck @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

GAA give formal approval to All-Ireland championships

It was confirmed UK county teams will not be involved in this year’s championships

At a virtual convening of Ard Chomhairle today, the staging of the senior, U20, and minor All-Ireland schedules were rubber-stamped.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2020 - 14:58 PM

JOHN FOGARTY

The GAA’s Central Council have formally given the go-ahead for the 2020 All-Ireland championships to take place from next month.

At a virtual convening of Ard Chomhairle today, the staging of the senior, U20, and minor All-Ireland schedules were rubber-stamped. Exact dates and throw-in times for provincial games could be confirmed by the end of next week.

In a statement from Croke Park today, the GAA warned there will be restrictions on the amount of funding supplied to counties for the preparation of teams due to the organisation’s adverse financial situation.

“The decision was made following positive interaction with the Government and an understanding that specific financial supports will be made available.

“Due to the reduced level of funding available as a result of the pandemic, a series of strict financial controls will be put in place by the Association which will govern the costs and preparation of teams.

“In addition to this a plan and series of protocols produced by the Association’s Covid Advisory Group and which will facilitate the safe staging of inter-county games will be circulated to counties.”

It was confirmed UK county teams will not be involved in this year’s championships, while the special emergency powers for the administration of the Association have been reapproved and extended until December 4.