2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

Be a fair win for the Brackens

Will Portumna be relegated? Some fall from grace

Think they’re gone down Senior B yeah

Beloved Dingle my arse.

Templenoe are my favourite club team in Kerry Football by far. A population of 300-400 I think they have risen from near extinction to Kerry senior ranks. There are only 8 senior clubs (most of which are big town professional sides) in Kerry making it remarkable.

They also play division 1 county league. This is without doubt their greatest team and there is no doubt they won’t be able to sustain it but days like today beating one of the big boys of Kerry club football is what the Gaa is about.

1 Like

I have a soft spot for Dingle…

1 Like

Who is this referee in the Wexford county final? He hasn’t a bollocks.

Also, Wexford posters, where are Shelmaliers and Naomh Eanna from in Wexford?

Gorey and Castlebridge.

1 Like

Shelmaliers are from a collection of villages/townlands a little bit outside Wexford town, over the bridge. Castlebridge, Screen, Curracloe area. Naomh Eanna are Gorey town.

1 Like

Naomh Eanna are Gorey. Shels from around Castlebridge and Curracloe

1 Like

What’s a shelmalier?

Is the shelmaliers wing back a person of colour or a person who way overdoes the sunbeds?

A place

I believe a shelmalier is an alternative version of a rapparee.

Overdoes the sunbeds going by the colour of his back when his jersey rode up in the replay there.

The referee is Barry Redmond, @Elvis_Brandenberg_Kr. A Clonard stalwart but the club, although a dual club for all intents and purposes back in the day, was deemed a separate hurling and football club. So when their hurling side almost fell by the wayside 20 years ago, he transferred to the Harriers for hurling and was corner forward on our last county winning team in 2001. Think he got three or four from play in that final and featured in some early season Wexford games the following year. Clonard are now a hurling only club as part of Wexford GAA’s plan to create a second viable hurling club in Wexford town. I’m loving his refusal to award any frees, especially for frontal body checks.

2 Likes

Goal for the greens. KK up by one.

Edit: make that two

Cathal Dunbar made an absolute bollix of that goal chance but it still went in. He needs to tidy up his finishing if he wants to nail down a county team place.

Thank you. They’ll earn their frees today alright.

looks like Barry Redmond from Clonard, always thought he was more a football ref. Would be fair enough

I think Glen Malone is wearing leggings.

He must tan easily. Suppose the lovely South-East climate is conducive to tanning.

1 Like