2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

Have we one of these threads already?

Apologies if so, I couldn’t find it.

Anyway Kerry club football is finished unless they get a few refugees.

If they didn’t dilute their own Senior Championship with regional select sides then it might be better.

1 Like

A lot of people would argue the opposite, that the regional sides keep the smaller clubs alive. There’s no need for a fella like Mark Griffin to leave St. Michaels for a bigger club to keep his hopes of playing senior football alive for example. I’d imagine Kerry have a higher proportion of Junior Club footballers than anyone

1 Like

Isn’t Clifford a junior player

Why would he leave his club for a bigger one?

Cathal McShane is top scorer in the All Ireland Championship this year and a shoe in for an All Star this year, he’s never played club championship game above junior ranks in Tyrone yet.

It’s the recreational drug use, it’s destroying Kerry gaa

Divisional teams offer nothing to club championships. No support, no atmosphere. Pure disaster they are.

Disagree, some of the greatest occasions I’ve watched have been aboard the South Kerry bandwagon.

Plenty of Kerry lads play junior, Jason Foley, D O Connor, Jack Barry, Clifford to name a few. Then again, premier junior clubs in Kerry could easily compete at senior in other counties.

They also play senior too.

Of course they could and should, Kerry have much fewer clubs competing at senior level than most counties have so you’d have to expect they have better junior teams.

Kerry have the more all Ireland’s anybody else so it’s probably not a great idea to slag off their system.

1 Like

Because the system dictates that. They stack it so the few super clubs are less exposed to upsets in a relatively weak province.

How many club teams play in the Kerry senior Championship and how many divisional sides?

Kerry have two club championships don’t they? One with divisional sides and one with none?

8 clubs take part in the Championship along with 8 divisional sides.

So effectively the intermediate champions in Kerry would be the 9th best club in Kerry where typically the intermediate champions in another county would be the 17th best club in that county. You see how it is stacked for them to win provincial and All Ireland honours.

Totally agree, laughable really. If divisions are allowed to compete they should be allowed in provincial club championships in my opinion.

1 Like

Now that would be just unfair to clubs in the provinces.

It’s already unfair to clubs in Kerry

1 Like

I was being sarcastic

Kerry Clubs give two fingers to giving up the captaincy honour. You have to admire their stubbornness on this one.

What was the vote margin ?? It needed two thirds to change .