2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

James joxer O’Connor lismore

1 Like

Clara still a dirty shower of cunts. Trying to maim TJ.

Cuala steady the ship to win 1.16 to 0.13. Con seemed to cause havoc. Live stream froze.

Lester Ryan’s attempts at dropping the ball in/going for goal are embarrassing for this level.
Great bit of stuff in his day but surely Clara have someone with a bit more touch?

Mellows gone in Galway. Surprisingly comfortably beaten in the end by a young Loughrea side.

Last quarter final is Turloughmore v Sarsfields at 5:30.

Loughguile v Dunloy in Antrim final live on TG4 next Sunday. Two very exciting semi-finals today, Loughguile won 2-31 to 5-18 after extratime and Dunloy won 1-22 to 2-18. Belfast teams definitely getting stronger but 2 familiar faces in final.

Hard luck today. The old dogs for the hard road had another kick in them.

1 Like

Boden have any chance against cuala? Always seem to have high scoring shootouts with them in league? Mad to see hiney coming on today… He’s been abroad for good few years I think

I had it streaming but had visitors and didn’t get a real look at it. All I can definitively say is that the ref was very poor.

Boden getting some mileage out of those old lads like Keaney, Curtin, Hiney and McCormack. I saw Hiney a few weeks ago and he was in great nick.

There is a real edge to Boden and Cuala and I’d expect the final to be filthy.

1 Like

Never knew that… Knew there was bad blood between crokes and boden alright… Especially keaney and the youngeest o Carroll

That was great entertainment today. Both Rossa and St Johns will be sick tonight moreso St Johns. They rattled the bar just after half time and Nugent doubled on one over the bar too that could have hit the net. St Johns just cant get over the line to a final. Dunloy will beat Loughgiel.

Causeway and Kilmoyley both convincing winners in their semi finals over Ballyduff and Abbeydorney respectively.

There’ll be some serious timber in the final. Everyone in Kerry is a rival, but there’s a real needle between these two. The two parishes border and there’s a bit of a grey area as to where the boundaries are so you’d have neighbours playing for both sides, the stretch is jokingly called the garvahey road as it’s lined with flags at the best of times.

They haven’t met in a final in a few years, early 00’s I think.

Causeway won last year for the first time in a long time, with a very strong young team. They’ll be favourites, but unlikely to be much in it. Kilmoyley have a young team too, though back boned by a few veterans who’d have 5 or six county medals won. The hardest working man in hurling, John Meyler, will have them well prepped

Be a fucking crime if it’s behind closed doors.

Does John Mike Dooley still line out for Causeway. great man for a goal

Think he played in goals last year. Sub keeper this year. He was on the the last team that won it before that in 1998 as well. So just the 21 years between medals. He must be 40 plus now

1 Like

You’re a great fella to give us the lowdown on this every year. I work with a Crotta fella. It’s a great competition with huge pride taken in winning it more so than other county championships with all teams being so close geographically.

The ref was shocking. Completely ruined the flow of the game. Saying that na fianna fucked around changing their game plan and they were bullied by boden when it was in the melting pot. Cuala should win the final handy enough. Speaking of refs Daly and co were discussing how different counties have different styles of refereeing on his podcast. In my opinion a major hindrance to Dublin hurling is nit picking referees. They dont let anything go. I think it’s probably down to o tooles craobh and a few more roughing up the now super clubs in the past and refs afraid of their shite of losing control.

I think the tight pitches in Dublin don’t help either with Parnell and O Toole park. Leads to crowded congested games where refs panic and give frees. Doesn’t happen in bigger pitches in other counties.

That ref yesterday was a joke though. The penalty was nothing. Also one of the Naf backs have one of the sweetest dispossessions at the end of the 1st half with a lovely snig and got a yellow.

There is a case for Tony Lambe ref all those games.

Those 2 decisions were shocking. Several red cards in the first half thay wouldnt have been frees in kilkenny. Saying that na fianna had no one to blame but themselves.

a crime is right Julio but that is the way it is going to be. Causeway have to be favourites but Kilmoyley in a final with the record Meyler has with them, they will be in the hunt

the kerry intermediate hurling championship final which is on the same day also has a nice ring to it. A Tralee versus Killarney final , a real novelty in hurling - Tralee Parnells versus Dr Crokes

Parnells only playing adult 2 years after setting up as a new juvenile club circa 10 years ago and Dr Crokes havent won an intermediate title since the early 2000s. Both clubs doing good work to promote hurling in the big kerry towns and this final will give hurling a bit more profile to help those at the coalface. The pairing of 2 town teams in this final is generating a bit of chatter.

The kerry hurling final averages about 2,500 attendance , but sometimes throws up a contest to bring it closer to 5k , the pairings this year in both finals is one of those years

then again Julio you know all of the above, others might be interested

2 Likes

All fine and dandy but let’s be honest here bar some fruitcake clobbers a participating Kerry footballer no one beyond north Kerry gives a fuck

1 Like