2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

Saw that. Definitely over the line before he got it.

After a great bit of skill by the real scorer too.
What a bollox.

1 Like

Nope

One for the things I learned today.

Liam Watson is not a Garda detective

You’re right, I was looking at the wrong wiki :grin:

And that wee shite Coyles the Loughgiel no. 2 tried a sly wee kick on one of the Dunloy forwards in the goal.

Ballycastle is my home ground. Beautiful scenery behind the camera from Knocklayde all the way over to Fairhead.

2 Likes

How could he be? Sure was he not hurling in England until very recently?

Proper relegation final though. Real stink of desperation of every chase of the ball, lots of wides.
Nice crowd too. The lads on the gate said to just not stand in front of the camera (was live on youtube) but they obviously didn’t think to stop the crowd from shouting the whole way through :laughing:

Watson at it there

McCloskey should have passed to Watson before that ruckus.

He was undercover.

It’s a long story

There will be a red card for Loughgiel before the end.

There are a few more reasons than that why he couldn’t be a garda detective. He would be familiar with the court system but not due to his profession.

1 Like

We’ve got time.

I wiki’d Eddie Brennan and Watson at the same time to find out their ages and read Eddies for Watson’s :grin: :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Predictable enough win for Dunloy. Lgiel’s top scorer Watson is 37 and their full back is 38 so need new blood but they have just won 2 minor titles in a row so players coming through.

Antrim hurling will get stronger in the coming years. The problem over the last 20 years has been that the club championship has been dominated by the same few clubs in the glens with nothing in Belfast. Belfast clubs have had a good bit of money thrown at them and are now proper contenders, and yesterday’s intermediate final was between 2 clubs west of Ballymena. Last week also saw a Belfast club win a championship game against an Ards team in the Down championship, which was the first time that ever happened I think.

4 Likes

Good to hear hurling growing

1 Like