2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

Is he calling the odds at a dogfight?

2 Likes

The tochar will get a good bang for its buck reopening tomorrow :joy:

I took a stand against NPHET today and mooched my way into the Dublin Senior Hurling Final. A right good game. Boden 5 up at half time and will rue the fact that they were not further ahead. Cuala slowly reeled them in in the second half. The crucial score came with 10 minutes to go when the otherwise excellent Shane Durkin handpassed the ball to Con who was taken down for a penalty that Sean Moran buried. Moran scored about 2-5 from wing forward. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him and Chris Crummy in the Dublin half forward line in October. Boden put up a great fight. Losing Keaney through a sending off and Lambert (injury) left them a bit rudderless in the last 10 minutes.

3 Likes

It’s a pity there’s no AI this year, I’d love it if Na P could have another crack at cuala.

Edit: the examiner dropped a question in on whether the GAA might facilitate a Munster club championship in the new year :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Nap vs Ballygunner would’ve been good. I think Kildangan would’ve given either a good game also.

The big club game missing over the past few years is Ballyhale vs Cuala. Winners of the last 4 all Irelands.

1 Like

What happened lambert? Hope he’s available for football

Yeah, a lot of good games there. There’d be a sense in Na P that the cuala was one that got away, and until this year they haven’t played to the level they’re capable of to get back there to right it. Arguably not as strong on paper any more as three years ago, but good enough to be in the mix if an AI series were to be played out from here.

To be honest I don’t think Cuala are the team they were a couple of years ago and I don’t think they would beat either Ballyhale or N.a. Piarsaigh. Very little new blood and for varying reasons the likes Mark Schutte, Sean Treacy, Darragh O Connell, Colm Cronin and Oisin Gough are at the level they were 2 years ago.

I couldn’t see but I presume it was an injury as he was going really well.

Cuala on the wane alright but still the team to beat in Dublin. They’ve gone back a bit and are turning into a team grizzled veterans who know how to win. They might look young on paper but have a lot of miles on clock and the injuries are building up but they have medals to show for it.

1 Like

Na Piarsagh were probable better than Cuala 2 years ago, but Cuala somehow found a way. Mike Casey going off was the losing of the game for Na Piarsaigh.

Na Piarsaigh have lost half their forward line since and now look even better.

AIB need to step up and make the Club Championships happen in January.

Agree. The brilliance of Sean Moran and Con still make them the best team in Dublin

Terrible video of it, but

1 Like

Con didnt puck a ball till Casey went off – game completely changed then.

1 Like

That lost Na Piarsiagh the match. Casey is some man to get on top of his marker. He struggles with the odd lad (John Conlon got the better of him in 2018) but if he gets on top of you at all, he turns the screw. I’d say he’d drive you half mad marking him too.

He needs to be moved side wards to put him under pressure . Ballygunner did it 2 years back .

1 Like

Disingenuous headline. Stretching the one day part, aside from probably being a sub for Corofin

They aren’t even in both finals yet FFS