2020 Ryder Cup

I don’t want to minimise Captain Harrington’s role or qualities. But this here is good, it’s so good, it’s the type of work you’d imagine Captain McGinley doing back when he was in charge. I could picture McGinley sitting down with the European Tour social media team to outline the sketch of his idea and letting them go off to create their magic.

Maybe Harrington is cut from the same cloth because this made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. We are the 164.

2 Likes

home alone jump GIF by Yiannimize

Make It Count.

Brookline was epic it was George W Bush’s speech to the yanks on the Saturday evening when they were staring down the barrel of defeat wot won it that and Captain Crenshaws total belief that God was on the side of the land of the free and home of the brave

Tom Lehman calls himself a man of God and then runs across the green along the line of the putt.

5 Likes

When is this on?

Would Jesus have walked across the line of a putt?

1 Like

Friday to Sunday inclusive.

Although the opening ceremony on Thursday night is a must watch too.

I always enjoy the overwrought and rambling Captain speeches about hono(u)ring the game of golf etc etc.

A right fucking buzz then when the pairings for the opening morning are revealed across the screen towards the conclusion of the speeches.

3 Likes

Sam Torrance certainly didn’t think so. Well not at Brookline anyway.

I Remember sky did a few episode’s of a show called (I think) Ryder Cup memories

On one of them Monty pointed out that one of his memories was a Ryder Cup when the teams were presented on the Thursday the Americans were introduced in the order that they qualified - highest placed on money list was called out first etc

Europe were introduced in alphabetical order

Europe were a team

At that early point Monty knew Europe had it

3 Likes

Did they have it? Which year was this?

What a bunch, I hope they do our continent proud.

There won’t be a cow milked from the Burren to the Bosporous between Friday and Sunday

1 Like

Pod-Rig withe the Ryder Cup haircut and the trademark simpleton grin.

Podge confirming there is an injury envelope and a Covid envelope if a player goes down. Rose would be next cab off the rank you’d imagine. Or one of the vice captains :eyes:

I sense @Bandage is poised to do the full heel-turn if the Biffo lets us down on Sunday evening

6 Likes

No in that case a match is halved as the other team withdraws a player also happened in 1991 I think one of the yanks was sick or injured

Steve Pate I think? Miraculously David Gilford drew the short straw !!!

1 Like

I think Sam Torrance broke his toe one year on the Sunday morning sleepwalking and he got a half too

1 Like

I cant wait for this. Lets go Europe