2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

3 goals and 28 points from play. Is that a record for intercounty hurling?

13 players scored from play, is that a record for intercounty hurling?

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Post sums it up for me. I saw a lot of rubbish online earlier about Corks backsā€¦the Cork forward line was destroyed.

Harnedy apart, not one starting forward showed anything. Kingston got a great goal and didnt touch the ball after I reckon. Oā€™Connor and young Cahillane were poor (1st final is some defence but they looked tiny). Oā€™Flynn got on some ball but eventually he was beaten all ends up before injury. Horgan was good from frees and scored 2 good first half points but Morrissey won that battle hands down.

Bottom line is the new guys need time but there is going to be a leadership gap there. Barrett is good I think but Iā€™m not sure whether theyā€™ll have makings of an AI forward line for a few years yet.

Corks midfield did pretty much nothing aswell but I sort of expected that.

Waterford were closer to Limerick than Cork were and I feel on any day with 2 fit teams would be closest again right now.

Limerick will be there for 4 years yet. What might catch them is the bear pit in Munster where they are the best team but assuming the round robin is back 5 games can take a lot of energy and momentum into or out of a team.

What Cork do have is 3 or 4 fellas who I believe have the makings of a good set of backs. They need a corner back and wing back for meā€¦possibly 1 more if Oā€™Mahony doesnt improve again

2 Likes

I guess first b2b is the reason for Morrisryā€™s cooing, I heard some nonsense stat on LMFM there that whoever the Linerick skipper is , well he is only the second man since Christy Ring cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy to lift the trophy x3 times

hqdefault

3 Likes

Scoring 2 or 3 points from play does not mask over lack of grind and knock on effects. Harnedy and Hoggie cant ball a young player for effort when they dont do it themselves.

4 Likes

This exactly

1 Like

Thanks mate. We will. Cork are coming no doubt and Iā€™ll have to eat shit in years coming. The sun shines on the shannon side today. We will battle on. Myself and the Limerick forum. The PM group. We have a great side and we will drink it in and will celebrate your eventual win ( as long as its not at limerick s expense) with the carkie. Hope you donā€™t giving us a when your back

1 Like

Clare hockeyed Laois in the 2013 qualifiers. 13 of the starting team scored from play plus two subs.

1 Like

Twas only Laois like, not one of the big three

You can go eat your dinner there now

Thatā€™s not what you asked though

2 Likes

If your suppose leaders dont set the tone, you will never cultivate the culture for success.

1 Like

You would still be expect them to find their way through munster handily enough but it should make their life a bit tougher. Given the settled nature/continuity of their team the knockout championship and front door very much plays to their strengths just like it did for Kilkenny more than a decade ago.

2 Likes

Enjoyable day as a neutral. Limerick are class. Met up with forum favourites @Fat_Pox amd @Plastic_Paddy .

6 Likes

Like I was saying to my pal Kev earlier this game will not define this Cork team. It might even stand to them. Youā€™d hope thereā€™s a few there in the U-20 ranks looking at that game today and saying that will never happen on their watch.

Cork look to be lacking in genuine star quality however, thats not an issue Limerick will find themselves facing anytime soon

1 Like

Delighted to see Joe McKenna there today. His hand was there in everything we saw on that field practically. He deserved that this year of all years.

6 Likes

Evenin all.

6 Likes

Warmest congratulations, Mike, and same to all other Limerick posters.

Today a very good team became a great team.

10 Likes

I was going to head to Fitspatricks for a few but I m bollixed after the drive. Iā€™ll have a few quiet ones and watch tsg

2 Likes