2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

You’d never guess that fagan works in croke park

They get allocated for junior hurling, intermediate football, a big Mackey stand draw members and some for him being on the panel, all in all a tidy amount I’d say

Huge number of clubs to be looked after is the key difference, plus 1000 season ticket holders got looked after as a priority

1 Like

Clubs get an allocation for both football and hurling depending on grade. So senior in one and intermediate in other code gets about 45 tickets.

There is about 1000 tickets allocated to the season ticket holders and an unknown number to PuC premium seat owners, id say that’s another 1k or 1.5k

Funnily it didn’t seem to say on the PuC page posted earlier that a premium ticket entitled you to an AI ticket - just to a Munster final one

Subject to availability… I guess pleading lack of availability wouldn’t be a great look when you are trying to sell more of these tickets

I read that as being part of some scheme which would be outside a county allocation. Who knows?

I suppose if people within Cork think the allocation is fair then what harm

There will be war in some clubs after all this. Heard a few incidents already

I’d say it would be as easy to argue that. But I don’t think many could argue that the fellas spending a few quid on these are looked after.

Nobody I know really complaining about the allocations anyway
Likely bigger war within the clubs at how they divvy them up

1 Like

I’m told that premium tickets for Sunday are to be/have been allocated by lottery between the ticket holders.

It’s funny lads will go to the grave over a ticket for an all Ireland but don’t have much to say over the nonsense rule that means the stadium is only half full.

5 Likes

It was 30 years ago this week Nirvana played Sir Henry’s,

This match will have similarities in years (even weeks or days) to come :grinning:

1 Like

Cork hurling is a terrifying machine. God help us on Sunday

1 Like

You’re still at it?

2 Likes

There’s no stopping the red tide rising.

A pal of mine was going out to the Top Hat in Dun Laoghaire to see Sonic Youth. Some crowd called Nirvana were supporting them. Did I want to go. Ah Dun Laoghaire doesn’t really suit me and I’m not gone on Sonic Youth. Fuckit anyway. As I always say to youngsters - when you’re on your death bed you’re unlikely to be saying “I went to too many gigs”.

16 Likes

I got the option of either hurling or football final on my two premium tickets.

3 Likes

Nice one. What will you take?

Metallica played there as well in 1988 just after the release of “And Justice for All”. Must have been one of the more popular venues at the time.

I’ve opted for the football final. I have an offer on a ticket from another source for Sunday but unsure whether I can go yet due to family commitments.