2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

Iā€™m a contrary cantankerous bollox at times - thankfully not too often

He may in the continuity group, I canā€™t tell as I am in the saor grouping

4 Likes

All the yerrahs in the world wonā€™t be enough

A 4-1 shot in a two horse race canā€™t yerrah :grinning:

1 Like

Cork have a chance - they might need a few things to fall for them but as you said, itā€™s only two horses.

2 Likes

All things being equal you would think that Limerick will have a bit to spare and have more top end hurlers than Cork to lose this game.

Cork will benefit from winning a couple of really tight games and are a better side now than the team Limerick beat a couple of months ago but they havenā€™t improved enough to close the 8 point gap that was there.

The only way I could see Cork winning this is if they get a hot start and unlike Waterford put the scores on the board and force Limerick into chasing the game somewhat. You would still feel that Cork would need a significant impact off the bench and to out goal Limerick in the second half in that scenario to win the game.

I think Cork will give a decent account of themselves and Limerick will have to bring a high level of performance to win, but you would expect that they will all the same. Eventually at some point the two wing backs will start to dominate their patch and the Cork backs wonā€™t be able to hold firm once the Limerick foothold is established.

Limerick by 6 or 7 going away you would feel.

2 Likes

I think Wexford should have beaten kilkenny (and Clare) but they drew with both in normal time. After a mediocre win over a depleted Dublin Kilkenny drew with cork. If those form lines mean anything it means all those teams are pretty much of a level. Kilkenny are functional at best, Limerick would tear them to pieces. I think Limerick are 10 points a better team than Clare/Wexford/Kilkenny most days.

I do think cork will come on a lot for the win over Kilkenny and itā€™s been seen in hurling and other sports that a young team full of pace can turn over favourites. Itā€™s possible that cork could get a bag of goals but then I think Limerickā€™s forwards match up very nicely with corkā€™s backs and I donā€™t see cork consistently winning enough possession to put up the score they need.

I also think/hope that Limerick are going to turn in their best performance of the season again.

Limerick by 10.

1 Like

Youā€™re well connected boi

I thought the 8 points flattered Limerick in Munster - granted they were in second gear but there were periods in the halves where Cork had the better but were unsure - particularly around the 60th minute, it was all Cork - theyā€™ve worked on their game plan since then and look a lot more comfortable.

However, Limerick were well undercooked that night and have a lot more gears in them. If Limerick bring the intensity we know they can ā€¦

1 point win after extra time.

Has he more? :grinning:

https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/watch-no-homecoming-rebel-hurlers-21357859

Relax yourself, both sides had to release a statement on it,

And yes, we think nothing of ye. Weā€™ll bate ye by ten points

4 Likes

Need the reals

Try that score line in the bookies anywhere between here and Knocknagoshel and theyā€™d funt you up the hole onto the street

Wheres knocknagoshel and whats the bookies name?

Iā€™ve never heard of a bookie that would turn down a bet they didnā€™t think would happen

1 Like

2 Likes

Only got the two this year. Normally gets four. I was surprised to be honest that he got two as was he.

1 Like

Itā€™s important to know the right people.

3 Likes

Kerry

Waste of money