2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

A first cousin of the oul lad is married to Sean Cleary from the 3 in a row team, living in Mullingar years before me. He taught in the CBS secondary school, Sean is still going strong I’m glad to report.

3 Likes

The legendary “ghost train” from Renard will have to be re-commissioned.

Who are you shouting for Sunday?

1 Like

Lads were hoping it wouldnt to suit their narrative.

I’m a poor but proud Connacht man, Galway naturally.
We gave them a fright in the Connacht semi-final but ran out of gas……

15 Likes

It’s a no lose final for me.

I felt bad for Colm Boyle on the radio talking about if Mayo win it.

Boyle is a durable type, he’ll get over it. Be an inspiration to Mayo next year to topple the current champions before being eclipsed by the dreaded Rossies in the Connacht final. Or worse - us.

Started watching “A game til Sunday” a half hour ago. Great doc.

Galway should have been beaten in the first game in Tuam bar for the most obvious case of a ref playing for a draw.

Donellans father and grand father won all Irelands. Wonder does he have any young sons up and coming. What was his move to salt hill about?

The Larkin’s of the village in Kilkenny city are of the same ilk. An ounce of breeding.

3 Likes

Amazing to hear their manager John O Mahoney refer to a round of club championship moments after winning the semi final v Derry.

Players pure delighted with swapping jerseys.

Auld lads singing the hucklebuck.

An open season press night.

I was born twenty years too late.

10 Likes

I’m really looking forward to what Ger Canning would call “a right good game of football”

2 Likes

In Oranmore
in The County Galway

7 Likes

Mad, brilliant Galway team to win the All-Ireland in 98.
Read the other day they were beaten by Wicklow, Longford and Westmeath and finished 5th in Div 3 of the League year before with pretty much same players.

3 Likes

You started me watching it too. Skipped on to the final. Fuck me hearing Michael o muckyheartick radio commentating over the TV footage makes me sad to think we’ve been stuck with ger canning all the years. His voice, passion and delivery is simply ICONIC.

14 Likes

Really adds to the doc that they used Micheal’s radio commentary over the TV one.

1 Like

Little known fact
The Irish Proclomation of Independence was written in a tiny cottage in Rosmuck

2 Likes

One of my memories of that day was British Minister for Sport Tony Banks being interviewed with Kevin Walsh afterwards and he was raving about the game @Cheasty

1 Like

Hon Galway

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s a fabulous film. The bit where they visit one of the players grandparents house with the cup in Connemara :disappointed_relieved::clap: Silke is a bit of a shtones though I’d say