2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

Little known fact
Mikey Donnellan got all the credit for the goal that broke the camels back against the Rossies back in 98
BUT
twas Niall Finnegan who kicked the shot

1 Like

Les lacs du Connemara

Des hommes d’ailleurs venus chercher
Le repos de l’âme et pour le cœur, un goût de meilleur
L’on y croit encore
Que le jour viendra, il est tout près

3 Likes

A proper final this. Two counties rich in history full of great yarn tellers . Iconic.

It has the potential to be an all time classic.

The OTB one with James O’Donoghue and Paddy Andrews is THE football podcast.

The Rouse one would be grand if Rouse may shut up. Oisin is excellent on it

3 Likes

Incredible lack of buzz about this. You’d barely know there was a final on this weekend. And that’s just in Galway.

Maybe your buzzometer is broken?

Good chat between John o Mahony and Johnny Crowley about 2000 on radio during week. Interesting that Johnny was chatting about both managers being positive and playing football the right way. When John OM came in he was quick to mention four different players being booked for fouls on Michael donnellan saying it was obvious it was a deliberate strategy. Johnny was chuckling away. you’d wonder do Kerry sometimes delude themselves with this thing that theyre squeaky clean. They have most neutrals fooled anyway fair play to them.

8 Likes

Not at all. Few people around the city seem exercised about it. Not much chat in the pubs, no kids in jerseys walking around. Big lack of flags in general. Far more flags around Dublin for most of the recent finals.

Galway is absolutely buzzing for Sunday. Plenty back home this week from all ends of the Earth to head up Sunday too. An All-Ireland final before Raceweek is magic.

5 Likes

I’m sure Kieran Shannon wrote articles around that time to suggest that Kerry 2000 were one the great cynical teams that were not perceived as such because they were Kerry.

Flynn and McConville are better. You’d get tired of Paddy’s pretend mad lad persona fairly quickly. O’Donoghue seems a grand chap to be fair.

You’re surely not frequenting public houses #wecanbezero

3 Likes

It’s a bit below the buzz around before the Lions Test matches of 2017. Similar to the buzz around before last year’s Lions series to be fair.

Fancy Dan is a very apt description of Shane Walsh

Where can one watch that Game till Sunday Doc?

Its on youtube I think

1 Like
4 Likes

Any neutral sports fan will be rooting for Galway on Sunday. I hope they can fucking do it.

9 Likes

Significant neutral support out there among football people for Kerry to end the famine.

They have to win one some time and if any team are to be their victims in a final, you’d prefer it to be Galway.

Hard to see much from the basement i guess.

2 Likes