2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

Templeouge have four on the Kerry panel. There can’t be more than 500 people in the village?

Templenoe

2 Likes

They also provided inter county footballers for Tipp and Sligo this year.

Galway are brewing up a storm. About seven inches of rain, to be precise.

The GAA picked some fuckin’ day to hold their showpiece occasion. Idiots.

1 Like

They won the junior all Ireland in 2016

The old gods favour hurling

Its a glorious morning in South Dublin.

Are we expecting rain later?

An odd shower I’d say is all

1 Like

Pissing rain in Galway all morning. Stopped there about ten minutes ago.

1 Like

The showpiece was the hurling Cheasty. Haven’t you been listening to Marty?
Today is the consolation prize for those that can’t hurl…or commentate :slightly_smiling_face:

“But I do not believe in this thing about the Galway style. I just don’t. Attacking play? It doesn’t stand up. No one can verify it. The great Kevin Heffernan said it years ago in the Tommy Varden documentary.

“Go back through all the All-Irelands won. I dismiss 1925, I think it was bogus. There was skulduggery there and it should be dropped from the GAA records. Galway always had several great defenders. Great unheralded defenders. In 1998, people talk about Ja in the second half. Donnellan. PJ’s goal.

“What about Tomás Mannion? We’d never have won it without Mannion. Held Martin Lynch scoreless. Held Joe Brolly scoreless. Brolly said one time that he was very proud of holding Mannion scoreless!

“Of the three in a row team, one of the most worshipped was full-back Noel Tierney from Milltown. We had Martin Newell, the flying doctor. Mayo had their famous flying doctor and we had ours. Martin came from Germany. A superb defender. We scored one goal across the three-in-a-row finals. This idea does not stand up. It is a label but not reality.”

1 Like

You’d miss the minor match beforehand all the same. We saw one of the best minor performances ever in Clifford a few years back. That stuff is missed now.

9 Likes

I got emotional watching the seam boylan documentary.

A timely reminder of how good it is to be involved with teams.

Sean Cavanagh just put his boot through the television when he saw the ‘Kerry, Kings of the Noughties’ graphic.

Pat is sweating already…

Name of the song here? I always forget it.

Edith Piaf, song title is the pretty obvious!

1 Like

Be great if he boxed Sean Cavanagh in the face on the way out

Hes feickin drippin

He’s going to have a heart attack.