2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

Has Clifford edged past Paddy Small when it comes to the art of the iconic advanced mark?

2 Likes

The advanced mark should be abolished. A cunt of a yoke.

11 Likes

The worst of it is when they effectively kick the thing sideways but it passes the 45 and it’s the bare 10 yards. Makes a mockery of the whole thing

and the fisted point.

1 Like

You should only be allowed fist it forward… this sideways and backwards fisting of the ball is an abomination to watch.

1 Like

He was named on a best 15 to never played in an All-Ireland final in todays 96 page programme.

2 Likes

Did John Galvin make the cut?

1 Like

I’ve since misplayed my programme but my friend has it thankfully. I’d say he made the cut alright. There were footballers from virtually every Tailteann Cup county. Kevin O’ Brien of Wicklow made the cut in the nominees.

10 Likes

Its hard to argue with that. He and McDaid
Almost carried their team kicking and screaming to an All Ireland success. Dare I say if Galway had anything remotely resembling a competent goalkeeper they’d have won despite paucity of options on subs bench. Cataclyspic is only word to describe him. But going back to Walsh he was hands down motm. He destroyed the best man marker in the country in the process. A man marker who frequently outscores his direct opponent. Walsh left him on his arse a couple of times and put it over from every angle off both feet. I’d say O Sullivan will be looking forward to going back marking Clifford in training after that assignment. Happy for Walsh after the tough event in his life in 2015. He is only 28 so if they can keep that team together with Joyce at the helm and get a few more in to come on he should pick up his celtic cross.

14 Likes

Tom o Sullivan is not a man marker - he’s a Barry Nash not a Seán Finn

2 Likes

A lot of those scores were worldies too. As a defender you’d nearly be happy for a fella to take them on.

3 Likes

I think you do him a disservice. He always picks up some of oppositions most dangerous talismen. Con O Callaghan, Peter Harte etc. He obviously offers a lot in attack but if Kerry want to shut down someone he is first player they look to.

2 Likes

This change of direction is something else.
Very few players can do this. Maybe a handful.
And most of it comes from the hips.

2 Likes

That was 3 years ago. Since then he’s benefited in being the loose corner back who can get up for scores

Con kicked 4 in the replay

He’s 29 I’m fairly sure. The years have flown by. Seems like no length ago he was a precocious young talent.

We saw beauty today. Football beauty. By god we missed proper footballing All Ireland finals

7 Likes

Ah Fuck it lads.

I’m so disappointed after that.
Shaneen and McDaid had as good a performance that you’re likely to see from a losing side. Kerry were 100% there for the taking. It’s a huge opportunity gone.

The free in off Daly with three minutes to go was a huge moment in the game. Galway had momentum and had just got a turnover and he gives the mother and father of a nothing feee in to the yerrahs. It allowed them to play counterattacking football and to play the clock down. It was a hammer blow. But to win an All Ireland you have to be able to absorb these blows.

PJ has showed Galway football the way back to the promised land this year. It has been, by a mile our most enjoyable year with the footballers in two decades.Some of football yesterday was top top class. For large periods we were the better side imo.

Maybe get Flathery back in goal and like our hurling counterparts, maybe find a few more forwards to bring in with 20 minutes to go. We’re not far away in either code.

We go again in ‘23.

23 Likes

Kerry had sweeper in front of him

Conroy has been a brilliant servant to Galway but we need to find somebody to parter Tierney/McDaid in midfield going forward. Steede or Cooke are needed for 2023 realistically.

3 Likes