2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

Referees are there to facilitate the game. Throw the ball in, put the whistle in the pocket and no more about it.

That wide made the prior 10 points absolutely irrelevant. I wouldn’t mind but twas the easiest kick he had all day.

Ah stop, it was on the 45 on the sideline. A really hard kick

2 Likes

Pretty shit form turning on your best player like that.

What a fucking stupid statement!

1 Like

I was joking ffs

7 Likes

I thought it was kinda obvious you were joking.

5 Likes

Ah but he is the sort who would cut the back off his own, just ask @bobbyfirminho

I was replying to a posted who called Walsh windy. He sarcastically admitted he was wrong. I was respinding in kind.

1 Like

Ok so.

Was there ever a better performance from a losing player in an AIF than Walsh’s yesterday?

Padraig Kelly in the hurling in '93 won motm. Joe Cooney was outstanding on a losing Galway side in 1990. Obviously I remember those, as they were both finals involving Galway.

I’m struggling to think of one in football.

1 Like

The auld Dubs couldn’t get rid of them quick enough afterwards.

Lee Keegan or some other Mayo player maybe? Although himself and Dermo did cancel each other out a few of those times

2 Likes

Canavan in 1995?

3 Likes

Clifford went on the beer in Cheltenham in November a few years back after fossa lost a county final.

I note for the semi final he had Ronnie o Sullivan down as his favourite sports star.

Very little not to like.

3 Likes

Can you imagine if a ref awarded a point because it was only a small bit wide to level it up :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Rules are rules unfortunately.

Galway needed that goal early doors. They played all the football and only went in a point up at half time. That was the losing of it for me.

1 Like

The wide count was 6-0 though at one stage with Kerry having kicked all of them. Galway were actually very efficient in front of goal in the first half.

1 Like

Ya, Galway kicked everything. If Kerry had been on form they’d have been 5 up at half time.

1 Like

I know but Kerry was so bad to be only one up at half time was not good. Kerry were Never going to be as bad in the second half.