2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

Bernard Flynn 1991 would be at the top of this list. Gave Brendan McKernan the father and mother of a roasting - but hit a goal chance from point blank straight at Neil Collins. Scored 0-6 from play.

Canavan nailed all his frees in 1995 and had to carry the team on his back, but he only got one point from play.

Lee Keegan 2017 is up there. And Chris Barrett in the same game.

Things I learned today.

Ya, I didn’t know that.

Keegan in '17 is a great shout. He was outstanding.

Hard to underestimate how vital Jack O’Connor is to the whole thing.

There seemed to be a total calmness about Kerry this year compared to other years just because Jack was standing on the sideline. A sense everything would be alright.

Mick Foley is a great bit of stuff. There’s magic in the Kingdom, the West of Ireland is the best of us

Oisin mcconville made the point too about the pressure on Kerry. It’s different to any other counties. They’d have absolutely destroyed by their own if they lost yesterday.

I remember being in Paudies a few weeks after the 2019 replay and they were slating Clifford at the bar. Simply different standards and a different sort of pressure.

That and the Clare man

Jack was more decisive by a long shot anyway, I was sitting near enough the Galway dugout and there was an amount of conversations between the Galway setup without any changes being made. Kerry played their cards first and Galway didn’t have the same confidence in their options

1 Like

Im delighted for Clifford.

There was a quiz in Tipp in 2019 and a question was asked who was the only Kerry player to have 2 All Stars and no AI medal. All the auld lads were frantically scratching their heads trying to think back over the years who it could be.

Some laughing done when the answer was called out.

1 Like

Jack picked the team eating his dinner on Christmas Day and that was it. Absolutely no messing around.

5 Likes

Kerry had a lot more cards to play obviously.

Clifford is settled down with a young kid. No upside to having instahuns in his DMs.

5 Likes

GGA bants

1 Like

What was the kickout infringement? I missed it live

Jack O’Connor is one of the greatest of all time

3 Likes

The last time he turned on anyone like that it was his poor mother for buying a birthday card for rascal

I was sitting on the 21m line at the Hill end and missed it when it happened. It was after Kerry went 2 up, Molloy fell to the ground near the goal when making a tackle and was slow to get back up. Keeper ran out and took the kickout to a Galway man in acres of space, ref called it back and threw it up because Molloy was still inside the 21. Technically correct, but not the type of refereeing that allows for a thrilling contest.

1 Like

@Thomas_Brady when is the NFL season starting?

Cheers. Remember the incident but didn’t spot what he gave it for. V fussy

Early September.

1 Like