2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

:joy: #metoo

@glasagusban may be glasagusban,but he has a Galway soul.

2 Likes

Not relevant to this game specifically, but the GGA needs to do away with the advanced mark. It’s a guaranteed score for doing fuck all. I would also do away with the fisted point. There is zero skill involved in it. I would leave the punched point, but the fisted point is an abomination.

5 Likes

There’d be a few more goals if the fisted point was banned like it should be.

1 Like

Inter county GAA is not a young man’s game these days. If you’re eligible and starting for a decent team you stand an excellent chance of winning Young Player Of The Year.

I was thinking during the year that Lee Gannon would surely win it, then I looked up his date of birth and saw he’s overage for it.

1 Like

I disagree. The two catches Clifford made were lovely pieces of skill as indeed were both long kicks in and they all enhanced the game as a spectacle.

14 Likes

I’d agree with that, if these marks were handy to come by surely everyone would be at it.
Sundays final saw the two most talented players on the field dominate the game, that is a great sign that the days are numbered for those who have been trying to drag the game into very dark places over the last 2 decades.

3 Likes

If there were no mark rule would he have spin and fired those over the bar? They were sensational catches both in fairness.

If there was no mark rule teams wouldn’t be trying kicks in from out the field, which is what we want to see.

We would also see less slapstick goalkeeping as the high ball isn’t being dropped into a dodgy goalie.

1 Like

I think we are losing out on a lot of goals tbh.

We should be trying to encourage teams to find space.

Not find a giraffe who is capable of catching a ball amongst a crowd.

1 Like

High fielding is one of the great skills of Gaelic Football

1 Like

If i recall correctly, he landed down into a pile of bodies for one of them, so possibly nothing would have come of it.

Unlikely considering for the first one he ended up on the ground surrounded by 3 Galway defenders. That’s why the long kick died out, it was too easy to get players around the player landing with it and swallow him up.

He has to be capable of kicking it over too though. Some lads at club level are very uncomfortable standing over a mark.

Is it really what we want to see? Fielding or catches for the sake of it, and then the game stops and we watch a player kick a free? It interrupts the flow of the game. Whatever about the kickout mark I don’t think the forward mark improves the game.

2 Likes

Most teams have a few lads who you’d be encouraging not to take the mark.

2 Likes

Sure even now there are very few marks in a game, and only a tiny amount of them could be realistically turned into a reasonable goal chance. Maybe in years to come long kicking and high fielding will be something most players will be capable of doing and marks will be too frequent, but we are nowhere near that stage yet.

Kerry football celebrations looks like it’s had its Peter Casey moment :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

The purists ass-carts are circling. (I’m in).

It’s what I want to see anyway, especially if the alternative is a load of over and back hand passing

4 Likes