2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

I never understand how lads can think that its alright to switch clubs to another county while continuing to play intercounty for your own county.

Also trying to force it through a few weeks before the club championship starts, what a cunt.

9 Likes

In a nutshell.

How can you have 600 houses in a parish and only 70 adult members? That sounds a dubious enough figure.

Very poor form if he leaves his own club under a cloud like this. Having a top intercounty player, or the thought of one, is often what keeps small, rural GAA clubs going. And then to unearth one and he wants to up sticks and join one of the super clubs with thousands of members. The optics are brutal.

Jesus, could he not even just come home for the championship matches alone and train with Crokes the rest of the time.

If it’s an online course that’s even worse, moving lock, stock and barrel for work is one thing but if it’s this…

1 Like

It’s the back arse of nowhere. I’d say the population is quite old.

What he is doing is terrible and completely wrong. There must be a good carrot being offered by crokes

1 Like

Lads nowadays have less and less connections to their clubs.

People better get used to it as this is going
To become common practice thanks to the split season.

5 Likes

I’m led to believe the Cortoon defeat a couple of years back still weighs heavily on Welsh

We’ve a lad doing that. Trains with Castleknock (@Spidey ) and comes home to play championship

5 Likes

It was @Faldo 's club wasn’t it? Very good ladies football team at the moment

4 Likes

This would be a terrible move for all concerned.

Crokes had moved away in recent times from playing outsiders. Their team has had much more of a community feel to it recently so i could see a few noses being put out of joint by this.

3 Likes

:joy:

8 Likes

I used to train the very odd time with Na Fianna intermediates when i lived in Dublin. They referred to themselves as the real Na Fianna team.

5 Likes

A good sub to bring on for Mannion

1 Like

Totally agree. Id prefer if the player switched county teams and continued to play with his own club.

Yeah, i can see Aaron Gillane and Cian Lynch moving to Kilmacud Crokes next year.

2 Likes

Will it go the way of junior soccer with lads just lining out for whoever they feel like rather than having an affiliation with the place?

Kilmacud Crokes surely favourites for the All-Ireland club now assuming there’s no rift in the camp over it.

That’s precisely how it’ll go.

The split season will finish the gaa clubs.

Junior soccer and rugby are much more fun to play nowadays.

Does he fancy a shot at management?

1 Like

To be fair i think most Dublin clubs have changed to nearly all home grown players recently apart from St. Judes.

Its what makes Pat Spillane playing with Sligo but not Templenoe baffling. I know Sean O’Shea’s brother trains with a Dublin club but still lines out for Kenmare Shamrocks.

Yeah I can never understand that one. Travelling up and down to a centre of excellence 3/4 times a week for 8 months of the year but not willing to commit to their rural club where they grew up for a few months.

I do know of a friend who transferred clubs when he started working in a different county 3 hours away and he had made some great pals in the new club. A real relaxed Junior B kind of effort but by and large you’re much better staying out with your own club. Donal Vaughan transferring 30 mins up the road took the biscuit. Yet auld Sloyan lauds him for some reason.

Michael Donnellan probably the last player Galway had that was comparable to Walsh in how much of a star attraction he was. Donnellan moved clubs within the county when he was 27, and won the club All-Ireland with his new club. I wouldn’t have thought the split season played much of a role in Donnellans case, or in the case of Walsh.

1 Like