2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

I watched a bit of Kilmacud play in the league this summer albeit without Mannion and wasnt overly impressed.

Na Fianna or Ballymun if they get it together would be my pick for the Dublin SFC.

Do you even play GAA anymore?

Younger people don’t have the same connection to their areas anymore.

The split season where you are being asked to give up your social life to play a few games will make it an easy decision for most lads.

What grates with me also is where lads from say a junior club transfer to a senior club because it’s perceived as giving them a better chance to make the county panels.

Shane Walsh’s reputation has been tainted forever after this move.

Shame on Kilmacud too who are gone back to their old ways.

1 Like

Walsh will just be the start as rural clubs will be wound up all over the country thanks to the split season.

Fellas better get used to it.

This is what they wanted whe they insisted on a split season.

It’s all about the 9 month inter county season. The clubs are forgotten about.

1 Like

The split season is the best thing to happen for the social life of a player. Knowing exactly when they’ll be playing games and planning around that. As well as that drinking bans seem to essentially be a thing of the past so there has probably not been a better time for a while to be a club player

7 Likes

Not if your teacher and you’ve decided whether you go on summer holiday or stick about to play some club games.

I dont think he is allowed transfer to a dublin club if he is a full time student there

They can still go on holidays and play club games. The great thing about knowing your schedule in advance

1 Like

There’ll be max 20 clubs in the likes of tipp / Limerick etc in 20 years time.

Exact same as junior rugby.

The only show in town will be a god awful inter county season which runs from January to September where every team plays each other 10 times a season.

The clubs are done and Walsh is merely the start of it.

You’d have to be a bit uncomfortable with that. Shane is living in Dublin but he’s only going to college there at the moment. Not like he’s settled in a long term job up there. Not yet anyway. I’d imagine there wouldn’t be a shortage of schools in Galway or surrounding areas who would be quick enough to offer him a job once he’s qualified. Crokes must have made a very tasty offer.

I’m not actually sure why you’re allowed continue to play county for your own county while playing club in a different county. Seems like an easy loophole to close

2 Likes

Some coup for Crokes

1 Like

The only show in town is inter county teams.

He’s a Galway player first and foremost thanks to the split season.

No inter county player darkens the door of their clubs for the first 8 months of the year and lads seem to think that’ll have no impact ?

Out of sight out of mind as they say.

Christy Ring transferred club in the 40s.
Things have gone ok since

14 Likes

You’re right , Walsh should be forced to transfer to Dublin .

The demand for Crokes tickets will be off the scale now. The two finesht forwards in Ireland.

As good as winning the All Ireland for filling the academy.

Sure you had the likes of Woolie Parkinson playing for Parnells in Dublin nearly 15 years ago too. If anything the number of transfers have reduced in recent years.

3 Likes

Lads have June for holidays now. Might be trickier for a primary teacher playing championship throughout July and August alright.