2022 European Championships - Munich

Just realised that the top 12 aren’t in these heats again so qualifying from this should be well within his grasp

Decent run.

Barr through comfortably winning his heat under 50 seconds. Looked rusty over last 100m and had to change legs at the 7th hurdle but he should be happy enough as he’s well able to go faster than that

Barr interviewed on BBC there. Wanted to win for a good lane draw so had to push harder than he planned. Happy with how comfortable it was but doesn’t sound like he’s happy with where he is training wise since his achilles injury in the middle of the season. Championships usually bring out the best in him and he bombed out in Oregon so hopefully he can put it right as he’s more than capable of challenging in a final.

1 Like

It’s details like this that make me respect you and despise you all at the same time mate.

2 Likes

:rofl:

If I’d used the phrase ‘stride pattern’ what direction would that have swayed you in?

2 Likes

Kate O’Connor has pulled out of the Heptathlon after some kind of injury. So no Irish involvement on the track until Rhasidat goes in the final just after 9pm tonight

If Jade O’Dowda in the Heptathlon is not somewhat Irish I don’t know who is…

1 Like

She’s possibly a niece of the Celebrity Spotting Adjudicator Phágan O’Dowda.

2 Likes

Sister of Callum

1 Like

Is she?

Cc @Mac

https://www.the42.ie/history-maker-israel-olatunde-broke-irish-record-with-burst-spikes-5842608-Aug2022/?amp=1

Great story

I believe so.

1 Like

Hopes for this evening @TheUlteriorMotive ??

What time is the next round of moral victories?

Quarter past go fuck yourself :crazy_face:

3 Likes

A medal would be fucking brilliant. I hope she goes out as hard as she can and then just hangs on last 100m

She has the speed. Just hope she’s not too tired

Israel last night will show her anything is possible for her

I’m going to miss it as off to Gorillaz with my young lad. Have it to record.

3 Likes

‘Tis only 400m mate

Rob very careful there choosing his words when discussing Israel