2022 European Championships - Munich

Field events are really technical. You’d need the right raw materials in terms of height and build and then a really good coach who has experience and they are thin on ground in Ireland although that’s changed a bit with the Eastern European immigrants who always had that tradition.

Is he any use at football? If he was half decent and could sprint like that you’d imagine someone would give him a go

Fionnuala McCormack right up with the leaders after 5 miles of the marathon. Looks very comfortable so far but its a slow enough pace at the moment

Israel Olatunde has won his 100m heat from lane 8 in 10.19 seconds, almost breaking an Irish record

Some performance :clap:

2 Likes

Look at the gap at the finish. Never seen an Irish sprinter do that before

1 Like

Brilliant touch having the lead car (A BMW 1602) from the 1972 Olympic marathon in operation today, 50 years on. Converted to a fully-electric version too. Ze Germans.

2 Likes

Something absolutely class about an outdoor pool at a major championship

2 Likes

He’s decent to be fair and the club he plays with are supposed to be decent. He’ll get more exposure at secondary school as they’ve a load of teams and football is their main sport. Solihull Moors might get him as they’ve a link with the secondary school.

1 Like

Fionnuala right up in the lead group at the half way mark. There’ll surely be a breakaway in the next 5-10km so hopefully she has the legs to go with them

1 Like

And as I type it, the French lady injects a bit of pace to stretch them. Fionnuala going with her in about 7th place and a few stragglers falling off the back

She’s hanging in there but im not sure she’ll have it if/when a bit of pace is injected… And as i type she looks to be falling away

Back to 8th or so now. Be a miracle for her to catch them from there.

Heat getting to her also

Fionnuala finishes 7th. 7th best in Europe is still a ridiculously good achievement.

The Dutch lady nearly fell over the line and lost bronze

3 Likes

7th. She kept motoring in fairness to her.

Some finish for the top 3.

That was a smashing race. Congratulations @balbec.

I never knew Israel was such a hotbed of men’s distance running

Cheers. What did we win?

1 Like

What a finish from the German :clap::clap: