2022 European Championships - Munich

Remember Adeleke was not chosen to go to Olympics last year for the mixed relay.

Sonia was quick to point that out too

2 Likes

That Rob on the TV with Sonia and Derval is one annoying Cork cunt. Takes from the coverage with every input.

Typical Cork whinginess.

2 Likes

Air Horn GIF by Fresh Interactive

We should just concentrate on what we’re good at… The special Olympics.

We go again. Mark English is in form and running with confidence - has he enough in the tank….

Piece here on one of our 10km runners

Edit - forgot to paste it

Where

I’m gonna say no, he’s topped out

And here’s the other fella

1 Like

What are they like to attend as a spectator? I see the worlds are in Budapest this time next year. Half debating going if tickets are easy to get

1 Like

@TheUlteriorMotive you were saying Adeleke has the scope to run a couple of seconds faster. How long does it take to make those type of gains? How do you make those gains. It always interests me in sports where success is measured in fractions of sections.

And at what age does a sprinter peak?

1 Like

Depends on the drugs?

400m would strike me as having different physical requirements to 200m. Power maybe less important?

@Mac will be devastated you haven’t asked him and all the posting he has done in the thread.

5 Likes

I was an early adopter of this lad on tfk. You can fuck off mr johnny-come-lately-i-likes-me-running-so-i-does-hon.

1 Like

Some lads need to go back and get out on the other side of the bed this morning it seems

What happened to Gina Akpe-Moses? Isn’t she now at the age she should be a mainstay of the Irish team?

Injury or loss of form or loss of interest or what?

1-I slept on a couch mate.
2-I feel grand, remember everything.
3- They key for the Berlingo disappeared.
4- ive a whopper party to tidy up after.
5- @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy never turned up for our cycle today.
So good and bad really.

1 Like

She’s coming from a 100m/200m background. She has lots of natural speed. She wasn’t going to be fast enough to be world class at 100m. That’s the hardest thing to develop for a 400m runner. The fact she’s moving up early in her career suggests a coach who knows what he’s at and what he can see.

Her improvement will should come from more targeted 400m training and getting stronger/fitter over that distance.

It’s not linear - depends on injuries and how she can adapt to training and coaching.

Her level of improvement is staggering. You’d expect her to improve further with another couple of years of the coaching she’ll get in Texas.