2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

This has been a disaster of a second half

worst of the tournament.

Criminal :cry:

2 Likes

What the fuck is the Canadian goalie doing there?

Worst ref of the tournament.

Canada are frustrating. Belgium will do fuck all.

that was one terrible game of ball

Very poor display by Belgium. All of them looked on a different wavelength to one another. They got the win so they can leave the game behind them and get into the tournament.

Canada are plucky but extremely limited.

Who’s the closest to being a great player/character in the tournament do you think? Theres genuine doubts about all the best players at the moment, be it age, attitude or whatever there are very few you could hang your hat off to have a good match and do the business when required.

Wait for Uruguay

2 Likes

Mbappe

Martinez will give your wife something to hang her towels off, never mind hat, when he gets going

Kieran Trippier

2 Likes

He’s sensational but there’s big doubts about his attitude surely, will he start sulking if things go against him. Although Ronaldo has always been a ferocious cunt and a great player I suppose.

He’ll never stop going looking for the ball or trying to take a man on no matter how bad it’s going for him. He won’t track back but you can plan for that.

The lack of a lead in seems to have really frazelled some of the bigger teams. You’d have to expect a bounce back once they get it together.

But if, and you’d imagine they will, Japan beat costa rica then the Germans are fucked.

The Argies have a clear route back. Two not easy but winnable games. If they can’t beat Mexico and Poland they have no business there anyway.

Who is next I wonder. Ghana 7/1 against Portugal. :thinking:

Mitrovic

actually, Bernardo Silva will be the man for Portugal and Bentancur is a player that won’t be heralded but he is an absolute top level, bona fide world class midfielder

I’ve just been informed that Inaki Williams is playing for Ghana now. He’s a serious addition with his pace. That group will be very awkward for Portugal.

Very few though isn’t there? Even naming Bernardo Silva in the top 3 says a lot. Maybe I’m wrong but there seems a real dearth of top top players. The Germans looked very ordinary earlier on paper and grass.

Germany were excellent for an hour and should have been further ahead.