2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

Hold on a second…

Are Tony O’Donoghue and the lads actually in Qatar?

Apparently Ghana haven’t been great but they definitely have more attacking quality on paper than most of the weaker nations- Inaki Williams is a great fella to be able to recruit, and Kudus has class. And Andre Ayew has always had a bit about him.

Portugal are obviously brimming with attacking quality but you’d fear that they might be underwhelming if Santos goes for a very conservative style. Ronaldo, Bernardo Silva, Joao Felix, Bruno and Guerreiro & Cancelo as full-backs. If they are let loose to play, they could rip teams to shreds. And it’s not as if they don’t have midfielders who can play too.

Dias and Danilo are there to be got at. Portugal will not keep many clean sheets. That’s a real powder puff midfield in front of them too and Cancelo can’t defend. Ghana will score I think, just don’t know will they outscore Portugal

Where is Carvalho. He usually provides the solidity in front of the back four

The Portugese anthem is spinetingling.

He’s on the bench, as is Palhinha from Fulham. Does look a little lightweight alright with Neves as the only defensive-ish player in the middle.

Might be a sign that Santos will let the shackles off though.

1 Like

Did he get picked? Thought he was with the 21s

Ghana could quite easily overpower them here. It isn’t the side I’d have picked for this fixture. Now there’s a chance Portugal do a Spain and get > 70% of the ball and destroy them.

I think we’ll get plenty goals here

“we have the ball and we stay here” with a shit eating grin.

CR7 is the boss

Is Chris Hughton still involved with Ghana?

Rumours that Brazil are going to name a very attacking team, no Fred.

Yup, assistant coach I think

1 Like

we need a South American team to show something different

1 Like

Addo is a youth scout for Dortmund & involved in player development, he’s obviously not too bad at his job.

Two chances that you’d probably expect Ronaldo to score.

You obviously haven’t seen him for man United this year :sweat_smile:

1 Like

he’s a horrible diving bastard

Farcical decision.

That should have stood

He slotted that one, harsh free-kick.

if Bruno’s was a foul that was a foul