2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

Anyone hear Ian O Doherty on newstalk this morning? Won’t be watching the World Cup he announces to the nation as if anyone gives a fcuk

1 Like

Ian is an accomplished 5 aside player if you’ll recall. Big Spanish fan

4 Likes

He was an early exponent of playing out from the back

I have a feeling the Lovely Ladies of the 2022 World Cup will be a rather disappointing thead.

8 Likes

Loves the sound of his own voice that lad. Controversial for the sake of it. A Dubs version of Ewan McKenna.

It’s a shame that people have to put their ethics aside to go and work in these shithole countries with the promise of decent money.

1 Like

Gordon Henderson is an advocate for LGBT rights in football… I think the EPL ran a campaign on supporting LGBT players recently :person_shrugging:t2:. I know it’s far more on organizations and particularly FIFA but you’d have like to have heard a bit of player noise.

1 Like

Sure half the players play for clubs run by these lads

2 Likes

Hummell got close for Denmark, but lip service.

Was talking to a Danish colleague about the reporter. He’s a legend in Denmark - would have gone to all the wars and catastrophes in the past, lately has turned his hand to sport.

1 Like

Would be great if Argentina wins it

Depay to be top goalscorer, easy group so will as @Locke would say tip away at the goal scoring charts

8 Likes

I got Saudi. Sickened and not because they are stone wall useless.

Sadio Mane out of the World Cup apparently😢 Senegal were going to be in my darkhorse bracket with Uruguay and Denmark before this.

Tony O’ Donoghue is out in Qatar. He’ll surely be lambasted on here. TFK is not a TOD stronghold.

1 Like

Game over

1 Like
7 Likes