2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

Can it even go ahead now?

No beer at stadiums is to be welcomed imo unless in corporate areas.

I believe rugby fans have had an issue with people getting up and down at the Aviva in recent years.

If you want to watch a match and have a few pints, then a pub is more suitable than the stadium.

Iā€™m sure plenty disagree but thatā€™s my tuppence worth anyway

3 Likes

But what about rugby where you cant watch it sober?

1 Like

Tweet deleted. He has probably been beheaded already, or realised it was fake.

1 Like

Hello CiarĆ”n KennedyšŸ‘€

LOLZ

Russia 2018 was too to be fair. It was Putinā€™s 1936 Olympics.

1 Like

There were more than a few in South America that were any better

Roy has summed up my feelings better than I ever could. I hate this tournament but I love the World Cup. Itā€™s been ruined

5 Likes

the biggest crime against humanity was the 2010 world cup and the fucking vuvuzela.

9 Likes

How did you feel about the 78 World Cup?

We only have to get lucky once

5 Likes

USA 2026 will be good but I always felt they should just have it in Germany the whole time and or maybe throw in France, Italy as part of rotation like they do with the British open golf tournament. You can rest assured the infastructure is there and 1000s were not co-opted into slave labour or died constructing stadia. Having it in Japan-Korea, Russia, SA and Qatar didnt/dont really do anything for me. They are just too inaccessible for your traditional fanbases. Although having said all that the centennial world cup in 2030 will be an intersting one. Uruguay, Argentina, Chile and Paraguay would be one that Iā€™d try and aim for or a Equador, Colombia, Peru one would be one Iā€™d be interested in going to as well. Might even have to learn a bit of spanish. I think Spain, Portugal and Ukraine are a penalty kick to host that one though.

3 Likes

Actually the 2002 one was last one we have participated in, so that brought a bit of intrigue. I wonder will we ever see anything like those days again.

I was out for the final at 11:30 in the morning. Needless to say I donā€™t remember much of it

1 Like

If itā€™s not in a country with a Mediterranean coastline or Mexico itā€™s not a proper World Cup.

1 Like