1 Like

No fat chicks

England XI by the last 16
Ramsdale
Alexander-Arnold - Walker - Stones - Trippier
Dier
Saka - Foden - Bellingham - Mount
Kane

Englandā€™s squad seems to be fairly out of form generally. Will probably get to the quarters though

Throw up your England team there for the World Cup Final.

Same except Mason Mount suffers a calf strain and misses the final and Grealo comes in.

I somehow missed ManĆ© is out, thatā€™s disappointing. Those kind of flair players make tournament football exciting. Senegal were one of the best teams to watch at the last World Cup because they went out and had a go, when a lot of teams are very conservative.

Iā€™m still tipping Germany on the same logic that I tipped Italy for the Euros, that they have the talent in the squad and they now have a very good manager. Flick is an even higher-quality manager. Now, the drawback is obviously the lack of a run-in. I could see them coming 2nd in the group, but that actually opens up a nice path to the final.

Obviously Spain have Luis Enrique in charge too, and they both have problems up front. Iā€™d love to see young Moukoko get a start for Germany.

Iā€™m expecting Morocco to be a lot better than they were 4 years ago. Hard to know about Cameroon; apparently Song isnā€™t a great manager.

On that note, previously youā€™d get a lot of European journeymen managers managing sides (and there are still a few floating around) but a lot of former big players for their countries managing teams now- Rigobert Song, Aliou Cisse, Otto Addo, Gregg Berhalter, Dragan Stojkovic, Murat Yakin as well as your Southgates, Deschamps, Enrique, etc.

4 Likes

This opening ceremony is starting wellā€¦.

I think Morgan Freeman is God

Thereā€™s a song thatā€™s being going on now for around 20 minutesā€¦

Name 3 Qatar playersā€¦ā€¦

Eric Clapton, Keith Richards and Mark Knopfler.

1 Like

The national anthem of Ecuador, the Sash, now being played.

2 Likes

Youā€™d miss Johnny Giles all the same.
ā€œWell, I donā€™t know much about Ecuador Bill but Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll be a skilful side but a bit temperamental like all the South Americansā€.

9 Likes

The fix is in already. Oh the fix is in in a big way. Perfectly good Ecuador goal disallowed for ā€œoffsideā€.

What was that disallowed for?
Foul on goalie???

The fix is in

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

3 Likes

Lol, offside. Nearly as bad as the TMO for Ireland in rubby last night