With a bit of luck he might be picked off out there

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

The glory days are upon us folks, WFH, matches throughout the day and evenings

Enjoy

1 Like

The first World cup of the WFH era

I haven’t really been looking forward to this tournament. It just farcical for a whole host of reasons. But that may change from today onwards, as it’s an attractive triple header. Us Oirish are always glued to England matches in major tournaments and their opener is followed by two interesting and rare cross continental fixtures.

As @Arthur references, the first wfh World Cup offers a degree of freedom too. However, our crèche cut back on opening hours post covid and the new 5.30pm closing time (from 6.15pm) causes some disruption for the 4pm kick-off. Instead of collecting them at 6.05pm (allowing for tedious VAR reviews and lengthy injury time), you now need to decide whether to go early and collect them at half time or miss 10/15 minutes in the middle of the second half.

1 Like

Any chance you could bring on a parent sub to collect about 5.29 and drop them home to you? Its only for a couplr of weeks.

I guess the royal have warned fifa if they start this type of thing there will be trouble.

Could he not stick them in an Uber?

1 Like

The work I’ve had to do arranging breaks here so lads (except one who sent the wrong snide email last week) can get to watch the England game at work is borderline heroic

2 Likes

Agreed. It’s an astonishing lack of vision and creativity here from @Bandage .

I don’t have full details but her job seems to involve working. There are even meetings and days in the office. That said, this is a World Cup and she shouldn’t be selfish.

1 Like

You need to think outside the box here ffsake. What about that weird kid on the green that you used to hang out with? Could he pick them up?

6 Likes

That creche you use seems gas altogether. What time do they open at?
Our one during covid 8am to 6pm. Now: 7.30am to 6.30pm (like any normal creche as their paying customers might actually have to commute)

1 Like

Fair play to his creche for staying open during the world cup. They could have taken it as fully paid training or bonding days or sent every kid home at 12.50 but no, they’re wotking the full day.

Yesterday was probably the first WC opener I haven’t watched…Mondi is a WFH day so I’ll tune in today but it’s a big meh from me… Hopefully as the tournament progresses I’m drawn in but FIFA have stolen our drink, alienated our gay friends and destroyed the hopes and dreams of the little kid that remains in all of us.

1 Like

It used to be 7.30am to 6.15pm. Once things settled down post covid, they noticed there was generally at least one parent/guardian wfh on any given day and they might only have 1 or 2 kids present for the last hour. So they cut back the opening hours - it’s now 8am to 5.30pm presumably to reduce their own costs. It was very awkward for me on my Friday morning marathon training long runs. I couldn’t get going until shortly after 8am and there were days I wasn’t able to log on until 11am.

Harry Kane and England have backed down on the One Love Armband.

What a gutless shower of cunts all the same.

Can’t wait for FIFA’s next rainbow campaign

The USA on the other hand…