2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

I was too. A small country with a brilliant crop. This underachievement feels like such a pity. I suppose Euro 2016 was their opportunity considering an average Portuguese team won it out. In World Cup 2018 France were always a little bit stronger than them.

Delighted for Belgium. Overhyped cunts.

Serial underachievers is all that lot will be remembered for, back to the doldrums soon enough hopefully for the cunts.

They shouldā€™ve gone through for sure, Lukaku seems to have this happen to him too often when it matters

Canada scored more goals in the group than Belgium.

Yep, they bribed refs against us in the 1980s. They scraped past us in a play-off for France ā€˜98 (some fucker goaded young David Connolly into getting sent off). They hammered us in Euro 2016. They have cheats and traitors like Thierry Henry and Anthony Barry. And Marc Dutroux should have been caught much sooner. Good riddance.

1 Like

Surely more than 4 minutes of added time there. He was gesticulating and wasting time himself when KdB tried to set Doku free on the left in the 88th minute.

heā€™s still only 20 which is frightening

Modric is up there with the very best of his generation. The little fucker still has it at 37.

2 Likes

Who were more overrated

• Belgium
  • Denmark

0 voters

Only really that victory over Brazil in the 2018 quarter-final and the round of 16 victory over Portugal at the last Euros to show for it though unfortunately.

Maybe, but I donā€™t think they were better than the French or German teams that won the last 2 World Cups.

The likes of Mā€™Bappe, Matuidi and Kante have stronger mentalities than KDB and Hazard. Germany had a truly brilliant team in 14 that had contested the previous 2 Champions League Finals at club level. I donā€™t quite see where they fit.

16 Euros maybe as Portugal were shite.

heā€™ll still have it at 40. He never had pace. Itā€™s all cerebral with him. Like David Silva

A legend

Hopefully another 5-3 thriller.

DeBruyne being unable to dictate the midfield like Modric or Xavi, Hazard succumbing to injury and Kompany going has hobbled them. Witzel was a brilliant player as well but has slowed a lot.

Spurs had him and prime Bale together and still did fuck all.

Put together and looking initially lukakus all looked sitters but none of them were all that bad. The header was the worst and that was offside. One that hit on on chest next and surprised him by getting through to him and flew at him. Shot on weak foot he had a tiny gap to aim at and was unlucky. Last one was a brilliant tackle. Insert smiley laughy faces here

That strange individual Martinez should have been run a long time ago.

2 Likes

The one at the back post that Lovren missed was a sitter. Had to score it.