2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

Bunch of flat earthers in this thread when it comes to angles of the football.

Ooft

The whole of the live action was covered by an in game camera from above. This was during the television coverage. The ball appeared to remain in. The question is whether that camera is perfectly in line with the white line on the pitch. I think it was but I have gammy eyesight so you’d have to look yourself.

That picture shown earlier the end line isn’t parallel so it could look different if the camera was a few degrees further down

It was clearly out

1 Like

The photographs above on this thread don’t prove anything. The key angle is the live moving shot from above. That camera I think looked in line. Consider why the camera is there in the first place. It is there specifically to establish whether the whole of the ball has gone over the whole of the line when the officials are in doubt whether a goal has been scored or not, but it also works for incidents like the one tonight where the officials are in doubt about whether the whole of the ball has gone over the whole of the end line.

A ball can look out if it is on the ground if you look at it from a side angle but may not be out at all. Because the ball is a sphere.

2 Likes

Some lads here would want to go up to the attic and find their 2nd class Maths copies and do a bit of revision of shape and space.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Genuine laugh

I have images of Mick McCarthy not knowing Spain were down to 10 men and Ronan O’Gara claiming he didn’t know he needed to nail the final conversion against Gloucester and Manchester City holding the ball in the corner against Liverpool in the final game of the 1995/96 season, and Niall Quinn rushing down to the corner to tell them they needed to score. When Manchester City were a proper club.

1 Like

Was he the centre half that wasn’t Lovren ?

If so, i agree

1 Like

Nobody seems to know the rules of soccer.

They’s be as well to just go the whole hog and make it a mathematically perfect 64 teams rather than 48. The 2026 format looks like it has been dreamed up by the GAA.

32 for the World Cup 16 for the Euros were the optimum.

5 Likes

I agree re quality, though I think it probably should be easier for European teams to play in their tournament.

But 16, 32 and other such darts doubles numbers making for an optimum tournament

Hard to argue with that team other than the full backs switching flanks perhaps.

3 Likes

Each to their own. Whatever tickles your fancy, I suppose.

That VAR incident in the japan game is the biggest farce in sport since 2019 when the technology is there but cannot be applied to the particular situation

I wasn’t online at the time but I correctly predicted 7 minutes of second half injury time in the Japan game. This is a special gift.

The below is akin to TFK giving Davy the changes to the announced Kilkenny team for the 2019 Leinster Final.

2 Likes

What a day of tournament football, show business baby

2 Likes