2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

he works for a paper owned by a friend of putin?

Its like playing an All-Ireland Final in mid-July.

It just feels all wrong.

Outside bets donā€™t win world cups

Hard to disagree but at the same time there are a heap of teams that could win it now that Pogba and chelsea lad who runs around lots are out. Im expecting a few shocks possibly.
Players should be at peak fitness.
Kick off times are shite though if youā€™ve young kids to feed and get to bed.
Might be a few decent WFH kick offs however. Roll on Canada v Serbia at 10am or whatever :clap:

Will they even make it out of the group? Theyā€™re in with Brazil and Switzerland who knocked them out in 2018. They only drew with us in Dublin and barely beat us in Belgrade and weā€™re at our lowest ebb in decades in truth.

Quatar and Ecuador kicking it off on the Sunday, fuck sakeā€¦ I wonā€™t even watch thatā€¦ there isnā€™t any decent group stage match until the 27th November when Spain play Germany.

The group stages are very mismatched and will be shit I reckon.

Senegal v Netherlands should be a good game. Wales v USA too because it will pretty much decide 2nd place in that group Iā€™d say. Mexico v Poland another game of that ilk.

Brazil v Serbia should be a good early contest too. Given how well the Japanese performed at the last World Cup Iā€™d say theyā€™ll give Germany and Spain bags of it too.

1 Like

Rise. Life is in motion. Iā€™m stuck in line.
Rise. You canā€™t be neutral on a moving train.

We bought it last week

How long before some off field controversy? Ive a few predictions

A just stop oil protest during a game
A women/homosexual arrested
Something about migrate workers rights
English/German/Dutch fans arrested for drinking
Ireland entering as the 33rd team

Ja, they have asked for that really

4 Likes

None of that is bloating my goat mate

Iā€™m looking forward to it. There, I said it. The eldest is big into the soccer nowadays and heā€™s backing France to do it. Iā€™ll be backing my beloved Argentina as always. A World Cup through the eyes of a child will be fun.

3 Likes

Will we get another World Cup out of it @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy or will this be it ?

Can the planet survive another 4 years of cow farts ?

France wont get out of the group.

Australia arenā€™t a patch on their 2006 team and Tunisia never produce much in World Cups so Iā€™d say theyā€™re safe enough.

Never underestimate the ability of the reigning champions to fail to make it past the group.

Donā€™t fucking tell him that youā€™ll destroy the lad

Mbappe will always give you a chance

Work out yeā€™re finalists etc. from that. A prediction comp like last years Euros would be enjoyable again. Remember the Turks were incredibly highly rated herešŸ˜‚