2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

A repeat of the France 98 final for me. I think Tite might be the man to end the 20 year famine in the final though.

I thought Spain were the best team in Euro 2021. On this basis I’m going for Spain to win the World Cup.

On the basis that I’ve tipped them, they’ll probably go out in the first round. However I’m pretty sure I tipped France in 2018.

Mexico are going to put it right up everyone. Semi finals at least

2 Likes

I have them on a collision course with France in the round of 16. They always seem to draw the short straw at that stage. Must be about 7 or 8 World Cups in a row where they’ve been knocked out at the round of 16 stage. A bit like Arsenal in the Champions League during the last years of the Wenger era.

Got to admire these South and Central American teams. They’ve heaps of lads in their mid to late 30’s still absolutely mad to play for their country at a WC.
Dani Alves has made the Brazilian squad at 39.
None of this focusing on their club career once they hit 31

1 Like

I’m going to stick my neck out and say Mexico will beat Poland, put the wind up Argentina and be the better team but only draw 1-1. They will qualify and possibly win the group but will lose to either France or Denmark in the last 16, ie. the same as ever.

2 Likes

I thought Alves didnt make the squad?

Congrats to Uruguay the dutch will shit bed again

They must be stuck for right backs.

I had them meeting Denmark

Touch of the Doon about them.

1 Like

Bribes have been paid.

1 Like

The Qatari $$$ have found their way to Limerick.

https://twitter.com/spaingary/with_replies

Tweets about Football,Rugby,Brexit or politics. Member of Treaty United. Huge interest in the history of Limerick and Irish football. Qatar Fan Leader

I wonder is he related to Karl Spain

I think Japan might split one of Spain or Germany in the group.

2 Likes

Definitely. The spit of him. As is the fella on left in Twitter cover pic