2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

Croatia haven’t been great but a couple of decent chances at the end.

Morocco have had a lot of possession but they haven’t had an actual clearcut opportunity.

Love the way Chippy refers to countries as the Croats, Moroccans, Germans, Poles etc.

The Croatian jersey is iconic

1 Like

Just having a coffee for my elevenses and catching up with the half time review. They are showing Morocco’s “chances”. It looks tepid enough. Stephen Kelly in the senior pundit chair is emblematic of the fare so far this world cup. 2 nil all games yesterday in what have become nearly 110 minute games. Well on the way to another one here. I’m trying my best to get into it or like it but its all huff and no puff so far. God be with the days of Hagi and Stoichkov where they would conjure something up out of nothing. The NFL tomorrow will be a welcome diversion from this shite.

God be with your memory and its ability to remember the turgid games both those countries were involved with in World Cups.

Nostalgia just aint what it used to be.

1 Like

Morocco are a huge side.

Some football trivia.

France scored 3 headed goals yesterday.

When was the last time they scored at least 2 headed goals in a competitive international?

Correct.

Zidane 2 headed goals 98 world cup

Correct.

It’s all kicked off now. Chances everywhere

We were spoilt in the last world cup. 64 games played. Only 1 scoreless draw.

Tbf Denmark vs Tunisia was pretty decent.

England-Iran had 8 goals and was a shocking watch so goals aren’t everything.

A 0-0 can have its own beauty too of course.

1 Like

I see Argentina are bidding for the 2030 World Cup. Also bidding for the 2030 World Cup are Saudi Arabia. Leo Messi is the front of the Saudi bid. You’d wonder sometimes.

The Moroccan gaffer is very demonstrative. The two finger discuss whistle as well. A very annoying cunt to play for I’d imagine

Argentina would be a great host. The Argentinian marching powder and Quilmes beer is off the hook.

Thats true. Teams no matter what continent they are from are very organised and have good defensive structure. I haven’t seen a discernible variation of style of play yet but that could be my untrained eye. There doesn’t seem to be many teams willing to shoot from distance. Has there been a goal scored from outside the box yet? Perhaps teams are so compact defensively that they are not giving up those opportunities with a defensive midfielder occupying that space. 3rd round is usually always the best as teams are more gung ho.

Thats a joint bid with Chile, Uruguay and Paraguay. Chilavert should be the fronting that bid. Who could say no.

Poland were very direct. More so than anyone in the tournament.

France decided not to press until they were almost 2 down. They then decided to press and got a goal straight away