2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

These are both happy with the draw.

Morocco bringing a bit of energy to it now

Will Ronaldo bring the game for the old guys? Modric, Lewa, Messi etc have all been pretty poor. Changing of the guard in this tournament

Fairly drab match but thereโ€™s no such thing as a poor match that kicks off between 10am and 4pm for us WFHers.

2 Likes

That was a poor game, Croatia lacked quality for a team with the players they have.

Morocco had a lot of the ball but couldnโ€™t break them down. Didnโ€™t get Ziyech or Hakimi on the ball enough in the final third, Boufal never got a one-on-one to run at a player, En-Nesyri barely got a kick.

Croatia were very sloppy, lacked tempo. Looked solid enough at the back but wonโ€™t be as good as even the Euros, based on that. Rebic is a big loss.

I was disappointed in brosovic. He is usually on the ball a lot more. He dawdled a good bit on it

Is Mandzukic (spelling?) injured or retired?

Asst Coach.

1 Like

Yeah, and Kovacic never got on the ball in the middle either.

Chippy Brady softening towards the inoffensive Cla(i)re McNamara after being a bit abrupt and dismissive on a previous broadcast. I watched that too but my attention levels deceased in the second half and I found myself tiptapping on the spreadsheets. I have no additional comments on the match.

Serious lack of pace in that game

Germany going with a false 9 with Muller behind Havertz.

I think thereโ€™ll be goals in this one

Iโ€™m coming to the conclusion that the Qataris have no sense of humour

1 Like

Bizarre segment here on rte where theyโ€™re bringing up Schumachers challenge on battiston

Its a decent segment when they have so much time to fill

They could have shown the game and mentioned the tackle.

It was one of the best games in the history of the game

No Tomiyasu or Minamino starting for Japan.

I donโ€™t watch much of Celtic but is Maeda better than Kyogo?

We are very bitter about it still.

1 Like

Funny how nobody writes off modrics whole career when he doesnโ€™t play great and his team have a poor result :person_shrugging:t2: