2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

Ruediger having a nightmare

Some chance

The German’s in ‘an de deireadh’ as Brian Tyers would say

Absolute scenes

The WFH World Cup is already one for the ages

4 Likes

Japan are the Axis champions for the first time, unreal.

3 Likes

Caucasians 1 Asians 2.

Takumi Minamino - from King of the Carabao Cup to King of the World Cup.

I called this beautifully. This must be what it feels like to be @peddlerscross all the time!

7 Likes

Japan were fantastic in the second half. They stood off and were overawed in the first half, but they got after them straight away in the second half. They hunted them down and got on top. The subs were excellent too.

what? not fully calling a result but claiming some sort of correctness anyway

IMG-20221123-WA0015

This is probably where it went wrong for ze Germans.

Looks like some of the big European teams are tired after a long season.

Minamino lad turned it on its head

A different kind of loss for Germany than in the last World Cup or like Argentina had, I think, but with Spain in the group it mightn’t matter.

They created lots and lots of chances, and really could have had 3 or 4 goals. Unlike Argentina really. But Japan stayed in the game, and always had a bit of a threat.

Taking off Gundogan was a mistake by Flick, I think. They just lost that bit of tempo from the middle; Goretzka is a good player but doesn’t dictate the game in the same way. They have vulnerabilities at the back, Sule got caught rotten a couple of times.

Wouldn’t write Germany off completely, I could see them beating Spain & Costa Rica but it puts them on the back foot and Spain may be happy with a draw against them.

I presume it’s only a matter of time before somebody overdubs that clip from Downfall and Hitler is spluttering about losing to Japan

1 Like

By god… Missed the game but that’s some result.

didi will do a fair impression of it here

Jesus Neuer for those goals looks worse and worse every time you see them. Absolutely dreadful.

Second place in Group E isn’t a bad place for Germany to qualify from