2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 2)

Read in his book he lived in the ball wall in his formative years at Arsenal. Was literally told do it or ya won’t make it.

1 Like

Like when I was told I had deceptive pace by a former manager. You’re actually slower than you fucking look

4 Likes

Jesus what we’d do for a few like him now…twould just be great for the mood of the country.

Its why I can’tbe doing with this Kenny ideology shit, its too important

1 Like

Eamo loved that goal.

“That’s world class finishing…if the Brazilians did that we’d be raving, Bill”.

Eamo was in fine form that night.

“Taylor is a spoofer, Bill.”
“It’s very important Captain Fantastic doesn’t come back.”

3 Likes

20 years ago we played Spain off the park in a World Cup round of 16.

It’s actually fucking outrageous where we are now

3 Likes

Souness iirc reportedly said something similar about all of Jermaine Jenas’ attributes

1 Like

There’s no deception about how shite Jenas’s broadcasting and punditry ability is.

1 Like

Thats why it pisses me off that OTB crowd saying ‘we’re Ireland, we’ve no divine right, what do ye expect? etc’, very proud soccer heritage in the country going back 100 years of teams being a certain standard and at times producing outstanding campaigns and performances. Never been so far away.

2 Likes
1 Like

Spock out

1 Like
4 Likes

Vainglorious is a lovely word.

George Hamilton’s balls just dropped. Fair play to him. Better late than never

Apart from the obvious bits he didnt like about the Qatar WC, I honestly think George doesn’t even like the sport much anymore. It comes across he is commentary. Phoning it in with Ray and Ronnie a long time now.

1 Like

He never liked the sport

Ah he was a fantastic commentator. Absolutely ICONIC. brill Maloney is a bit annoying but he’s actually quite good too I think with his big roars when someone takes a shot. PAREDES!!!
Couldn’t imagine Brian Moore commentating on a middle aged woman from dungarvan carrying a motorbike tire up a slippy slope though.

1 Like

He was a fucking jonah and i don’t think he had a voice for commentary but there you go.

All the greatest of great days in Irish soccer are associated with him. A legend. (but a bit of a little cunt in real life I’d say)

What moment did he enhance or even capture with his commentary? Bar as you say shouting someones name in his shrill voice.

HOUGHTON!!!

It’s there!