2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 2)

A nation holds itā€™s breath?

Packie Bonner hasnt conceded a goal in 170 minuā€¦ danger here!

Fuck up George

One in 40 years of games.

WHELAN!!!

Danger here.

What i remember about george are his mistakes. He made a lot of them. Especially in two legged ties. He struggled a lot with permutations too.

He was like the chap Frehill, really

He is a decent commentator and a big Irish game isnā€™t the same without him. I just think his enthusiasm for the game has waned a fair bit in recent years.

Thought Darragh Maloney was woeful throughout the world cup.

4 Likes

He is much more suited to cricket, show jumping and sports associated with elites.

2 Likes

Youā€™ll miss George when heā€™s gone lads

Rrrrobie Brady brings us all to our feet in lille!
Cascarino up!
Mcloughlin!
Van breukelen lost it hereā€™s Quinn!
Mcgrath again!

A fair bit of name roaring but it was just that his voice is linked forever to that era.

George seemed to think no one watching could fathom the away goals rule when it was in play

On the topic of commentators. I met the famed Marty Morrissey in Thurles one time and had a similar impression of him after our interaction.

Yeah, he has cheque cashed and off the air when he decides to find his voice

Brazilā€™s favelas should be ashamed of themselves. The lads who did that with maradonaā€™s body got killed.

I would say the opposite having encountered Marty in Croker one day.
I canā€™t abide him as a commentator or presenter but he seemed to be a really nice guy.

2 Likes

+1

Ah yeah he probably is. I asked him politely for a photo in my youthful innocence at the time and he asked me if I wanted a teddy too in a sarcastic manner like the children whoā€™d just posed for a photo with him before mešŸ˜‚ On reflection Iā€™m sure heā€™s still a decent sort.

2 Likes

No slight on you but i never got the point in asking someone for a photo that you never met.

Yeah I wouldnā€™t do it now tbh. Naive at the time. Although I have posed for a photo with a group with Damien Comer since. Couldnā€™t resist a photo with the Beasht.

2 Likes