2022 Six Nations rugby championship

Wasnt a sinner at it. Few came in after the penalties.

There were 24,000 people inside St. Tiernachā€™s Park by half time, by which time the penalty shoot out in Korea was over.

Clones has very roomy pubs.

The 1994 Ulster final is the only time I have ever attended a GAA provincial final on the same day as a World Cup final.

I have softened my stance on Rugby Football since Faz took over.

Heā€™s a good man.

1 Like

Iā€™m not so sure but Iā€™m absolutely buzzing tbh. Weā€™ve so many options all over the field itā€™s unreal.

Away to France is probably the acid test on the planet and imo they are a good bit ahead of us.

We sort out the half backs Iā€™d be very happy. Thatā€™s the weak link imo.

2 Likes

8,000 was the overall attendance. Only 16,000 out.

26,476 was the official attendance. There were a few stragglers didnā€™t get in until early in the second half.

Was there only 800 there for throw in or something like that? Must have been a huge surge in the turnstiles once the penalty shootout reached its conclusion so.

Canā€™t wait for it.

Iā€™ll be cheering hard for Ireland hereā€¦ A few six Nations wins before the next world cup will have the hype in over drive again in good time for more WC embarrassment.

1 Like

Huge. Along with Dublin v Galway 1983 itā€™s commonly cited as the closest the GAA came to a crowd disaster at one of its matches.

There was a crowd disaster of a different nature the same day when just 948 turned up for the Leinster football semi-final between Kildare and Offaly.

I think we are in for an incredible 18 months. The stars are aligning this time around we just need to sort the 9 and 10.

Sexton is barely there anymore. Youā€™ve six other candidates all of varying promise.

Ross byrne and Billy burns seem too have zero chance with Farrell.

Iā€™m told Ben Healy is well liked but you could put a blanket over Healy, carberry and Crowley.

Then youā€™ve Harry byrne who has fallen a little out of favour.

My own opinion is jack Crowley is a little special. Heā€™s that bit cocky and looks a tough nut. Physically heā€™s very impressive and seems to have what all good players have and thatā€™s time on the ball.

I really liked what I saw last Friday night.

1 Like

I really like Gavin Coombes too. Bit of a vibe of the early 00ā€™s where we have a huge number of younger players just waiting for their break. I think the World Cup draw for the knockouts isnā€™t the most promising though. Likely to run into France in a Quarter-Final?

1 Like

:smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

New Zealand or France in the QF if we manage to overcome South Africa/Scotland in the pool. I think weā€™ve seen how this pans out a few times beforešŸ˜³

1 Like

I actually think for the First time we will be badly hampered by having only four provincial teams. Thereā€™s so many good players about the place.

Outside of Furlong and Porter thereā€™s very many starters where the next Option isnā€™t very close in ability.

Thomas ahern and Ryan Baird will be pushing beirne, Ryan and Henderson.

Thereā€™s 10 or 12 exciting back rowers about.

1 Like

All the rubby supporting bandwagoning steamers are looking forward to games of soggy biscuit and sticking phallic shaped objects up each others holes in the bars of Dublin 4 over the next few weeks

3 Likes

Rat.

18 months is a long time in any sport but ireland are on an upward curve. This is very different to 2018 when we were a very good side but had many players in their late 20s and early 30s.

Our team now is incredibly exciting.

I think New Zealand are very poor. We should have hammered them in the autumn truth be told. Now they can probably quicker than anybody but Iā€™m not sold on their manager.

South Africa are the world Champions but the lions tour can some times hinder a teams redevelopment. They stick together for too long post World Cup for the lions serious.

The boks werenā€™t upto much in 2011 after the 09 lions win.

New Zealandā€™s last two World Cup defeats came in 07 after the 05 tour and 2019 after the 2017 tour.

Itā€™s hard to know where theyā€™ll be at but a bit like Kerry in football they can probably transition the quickest.

I think the French are the clear best. Itā€™s probably South Africa then with ourselves, nz and England in the next group.

I donā€™t see the Welsh or the Aussies winning it out.

Carty is ridiculously underappreciated. Iā€™d probably start him ahead of sexton at this stage. Farrell started that plank Burns last year who canā€™t even take the kicks for his club team and is generally shit, Carty is far better than him. Carty is also a better option than Carbery who has never yet had a consistent run of good games at 10, heā€™s clearly a quality player but heā€™s not done much at 10.

I like to watch Carthy too to watch but he just isnā€™t good enough. Heā€™s good but not top class. At the real top end heā€™ll fall short.