2023 AI Hurling Final Limericks v KK

Limerick by 12

Blanchfield starts. Advantage KK

1 Like

That’s an incredibly inexperienced Limerick bench.

No Hannon.

Advantage Kilkenny

I’d say five of them haven’t started a championship game?

Kilkenny by 6.

On the flip side. It’s David Reidy’s first start in a final (delighted for him), Mike Casey will appear in his third. Everyone else has played or come on, in at least 3 finals already, most in 4.

Only Barry Nash and David Reidy did not make an appearance in 2018.

We are working off a remarkably small bunch really. About 19 players. Down Hannon and Finn we are already two into that.

Well worth a watch this.

Hard believe Limerick are gonna win an All Ireland by 10+ points with a Kildare hurler at centre forward, but thats where we are now with this Limerick side. I dare say a lad or two here could slot in and they’d not even notice.

Strange choice naming Aidan O’Connor, a forward, when we’re short of full back line cover. I would have expected Fergal O’Connor in the 26 instead.

If Mike Casey rolls his wobbly ankle again we’re depending on Aaron Costello to man the pump.

Of course, the 26 submitted to Croke Park may be different to what has been published.

1 Like

Can it be? Just a case of JP paying the fine? To hide a sub corner back?

Advantage Kilkenny.

Reid has never eaten a takeaway? Fucking weirdo.

His barber should be shot as well

1 Like

wtf.

There’s a business opportunity for a lad to open a bacon and cabbage takeaway in Ballyhale

3 Likes

Both half back and half forward lines for the Limericks are weak and should/will be targeted.

What was the deal you’d made about Limerick not winning 4 in a row/5 in a row? You must be feeling a wee bit more bullish on it this week?

Never in doubt, pal. Non-traditional counties like Galway, Monaghan, Limerick and Louth dream about 4 and 5 in a rows, traditional counties like Dublin, Cork, Kerry and Kilkenny get them done.

Kilkenny will need a lot more from Donnelly and Keoghan - I don’t think either pucked a ball of note against Clare

1 Like