2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Donā€™t shoot the messager, squareheadicus!

1 Like

A dog with a mallet stuck in its hole could play in goal for Limerick.

Could you train him to take the knee to curb opposition momentum though?

1 Like

If you trained him to take comfort breaks

4 Likes

Iā€™d say Darragh Egan will be a bit like Dalo is with Clarecastle for the rest of his life with Kildangan. Always hopping in and hovering around the club, driving people nuts that in the biggest matches heā€™ll have to make himself seen and heard.

Saw Egan with a pen and paper taking notes in the rain at the Tipp Limk league match this year. Then Wexford played Joe Mac standard hurling until it came to crunch time. Doubt theyā€™ll be falling over each other to take over down there, for anything other than a few quid.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s true.

He was one of the main reasons this current crop came through playing a key role in every facet of the club, particularly the underage coaching. I donā€™t see that changing.

Even when he was in goals, he stepped away and let Barry Hogan play when it would have been easy to hold on so he would be on the field when they won the county final. Hogan missed a penalty in a county final that Egan would have scored in 2019.

One difficulty in the medium term is that heā€™s so involved in every aspect of the club will be stepping away from the senior management and taking a proper backseat.

I know he was very well liked in Tommy Larkins in Galway so Iā€™m sure he will have no issues picking up other jobs when that time comes.

4 Likes

Dalo does nothing but put down Clarecastle and club hurling. No comparison with Egan.

1 Like

@Malarkey i presume lawlow will be on gillane and Tommy Walsh on Flanagan.

Peter Casey dropped very deep at times v Galway. Will Kilkenny detail butler to follow him?

I was wondering could butler end up on cian lynch? I thought Galway panicked a little with lynch. They were drawn to him very quickly.

They bottled him up well in the first half leading to turnovers.

Limerick arenā€™t as good as last year while KK seem to be a bit better so it should be a close enough match youā€™d feel.Also KK wonā€™t down tools like Galway when the pressure comes on.

Any news on the injuries?

Haha I know

But he puts them down and then tries to hop in when the ā€˜big matchā€™ is on

On what basis are Kilkenny better than last year?

Their results and performances vs Clare and Galway would suggest they have gone backwards if anything.

3 Likes

the pray to God somebody puts it up to Limerick index

Limerick were a lot better in this years semi final, than last year

I would agree with that albeit Galway giving up after 25 minutes.

I expect Limerick to win handily

they didnā€™t give up. they fucked up on the lineā€¦ this coincided with Limerick hitting peak performance after half time for about 15 minutes.

Galway had no idea how to turn the tide

1 Like

Fahy needs to get himself a set of contacts for next year

I think this final is intriguing. Kilkenny are Kilkenny, never beaten until you are in the shower. This year they are more dogged with less flair than in previous winning teams. They have found ways to win. Limerick, bar the 2nd half v Galway have stuttered. In the semi v Galway when they were in trouble, 2 things happened. The Galway management fucked up and the change in tactic let Limerick back in at a time when Limerick were dazed and shaking their heads in wonder. Then James Owens took away the free taking duties from Evan Niland. That meant Galway were playing with just 14 men as imo Niland is a marksman, end of.
Would Galway have won in the end had HS and co done things differently and Mr. Owens reffed the game like he did in the first 20 mins? The evidence of the last few minutes of the Leinster final when the Galway lads were bollixed would suggest no, but who knows. Kilkenny have the ability to push Limerick harder. Limerick could crack. Sheehan could suit Limerick. It has the makings of a great one I feel.

1 Like