2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Carlow surely have a great chance of beating Dublin in Dr. Cullen Park?

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2023/0612/1388739-tipperary-the-most-dangerous-team-in-the-country/

The game is afoot @peddlerscross

Kilkenny know who they dont want in a Final anyway.

2 Likes

From that article….

The GAA will aim to avoid repeat meetings in the All-Ireland semi-finals, where possible.

So if Dublin beat Carlow and then Clare, and Tipp beat Offaly and then Galway, the AISFs would be Limerick v Dublin and KK v Tipp???

If me bollix

I hadn’t even thought of it until now but generally the last few years they had the days set for provincial winners for the semi-finals. So looks like Limerick are up Saturday and KK are on Sunday.

That’s correct. Tipp v Limerick on a July’s summer afternoon/evening in the capital will be ICONIC.

3 Likes

:thinking::thinking:

Truth be told, an All Ireland Semi Final should be played on a Sunday. But we will take whatever we can get at this stage

Offaly & substantial Galway teams to overcome first. Neither task simple

We are long overdue a one point win v Galway. The last two times we beat them by a point, we went on to win the All Ireland. It’s on @johnnysachs

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

1 Like

A prominent Tipp poster on here messaged me to tell me @johnnysachs was in Limerick on Sunday to support his father’s people and the great John Kiely…going back to his roots.

Maybe he was just there to see all the Toyota Corollas and the dingo jeans that he was looking forward to :sunglasses:

A chance for Coach Kiely’s crusade to come full circle.

Ye’ve been looking for that 2009 revenge for a while. What a glorious afternoon that was.

No offence to Carlow and Offaly, Dublin will be Carlow, carlow will push them for a period, Tipp will beat Offaly.

Clare to be the Dubs and i fancy Tipp to beat Galway.

There will be a few small crowd at it. No point. What 15k max?
Tipp v Galway in Limerick and Clare v Dublin in Portlaoise.

Cork the obvious venue for Dublin v Clare.

Although if Dublin play their cards right it could end up in Parnell Park…

6 Likes

There is no sense in bringing either quarter-final to Cork. They come whinging and looking for every game, regardless of who is involved, for their poxy 10% of gate receipts even though bringing it down there would knock a few thousand off the attendance.

Tipp v Galway will be in Limerick. Clare v Dublin will most likely be Thurles, though Portlaoise would do fine for that too.

4 Likes

Clare and Derrick Lynch need to be thought a lesson. Bring them down to Cork to fuck. They’ll be the only cars going through Buttevant that day so they should have no complaints.

1 Like