2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The fact that they don’t have a big screen in nowlan park probably makes it a bridge too far for Dublin
And god only knows what music they will play.

5 Likes

I seem to remember attending Dublin vs Laois in football championship in Nowlan park around 2015/16. Kildare don’t have that experience.

No McShane :thinking:

Serious excitement ahead of this weekend you’d have to say.

I think the gaa would be better off with 3 groups of 5 with every side getting two home games. Top 2 in each group through the quarter finals along with the best third placed team. The other two third placed side play off for the last spot.

1 Like

My oul fella has me tortured about this gaago carry on. I bought him a smart tv a while ago, he doesn’t have any class of device, other than a back sprayer for killing anything i plant.
What has to happen here?

5 Likes

Don’t do it. I got my old man a sub for IPTV a few years ago…if there is even a 3 second buffer he is onto me to get onto the provider…“he must be after getting closed down” is a regular comment…he has a crap TV and crap broadband but that doesn’t matter…don’t do it!

14 Likes

:smiley:

Why don’t they just let everyone into the Group Stages 8x4 (Champions League Format).

Top 2 in each Group go to the Sam Maguire. Bottom 2 into the Tommy Tuchel Cup.

Then knockout last 16 ties in each competition.

3 Likes

The provincials need to have some value in order to preserve them. They need to just bin them though

Call me old fashioned but I loved the old football championship.

The Round 4 qualifiers between the losing provincial finalists and the teams with momentum were always four great games.

The four all Ireland quainter finals in croke park were always interesting too.

3 Likes

Knock out
Knock out
Knock out

Even a diehard like myself have given up on that idea. Not gonna happen anytime soon/ ever.
They’ve hitched their wagon to multiple mini-leagues and assorted bullshit tiers and that’s it.

Insert the Dylan Thomas lines here “Rage, rage etc.”

If they just would make it two teams out of the group I could live with it. Have the top seeds play last

Tiocfaidh ĂĄr lĂĄ arĂ­s

Is deachair a fheiscant. We almost had a case for the scrubbing of the provincials until last Sunday.
The feckin’ Ulster final again……Another 20 year lifeline just there.

Let it play out lads. There are serious rewards for finishing higher in the group and serious downsides to finishing third. Its worth waiting till it’s done before passing judgement

1 Like

It’s like the last 32 at the Crucible playing off an entirely separate tournament before the real tournament, just to decide the seedings for the real tournament.

1 Like

If you had a worse provider you’d have had the whole lot disconnected by now :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes