2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

I agree it was correct call but it’s one he’s let similar go himself in other circumstances which shows up that he doesn’t ref teams equally which a huge issue for a ref entrusted with big games. That’s the problem with Gough, complete and utter inconsistency and it seems to be motivated by agendas against Ulster teams, what’s a foul at one end is not a foul at the other, what’s a black card at one end is not a black card at the other, etc, etc. We all know beforehand that Tyrone will be refereed stringently with the rule book and beyond while other teams won’t, Gough does his best to make games all about himself, can’t spot a foul in front of his eyes but is blowing for stuff 50 yards down the pitch.

It was good to see Logan call it out after the game, I’d imagine he’s getting very frustrated with his refereeing at this point but he should have been a lot sterner and to the point with his criticism.

McEvoy will be a very important player for Down in the future and they will need all their best players involved. If Down turn this around then the biggest credit of all when need to go to a Kilcoo man in Laverty.

He wasn’t on the panel this year

Brannigan from Down is the best referee about IMO.

The worst are probably Lane and that Jerome Henry from Mayo who should really be reffing ladies football.

He hasnt reffed a county game since 2021

A huge loss.

We’ll leave it there so.

2 Likes

Sean Hurson was the games Premier Official when i was last watching Gaelic Football properly.

1 Like

Gaelic games would be far more entertaining if we did away with referees altogether

1 Like

There should be a red button on your remote at home and if there’s 50 clicks for an offence then off you go. I think it’s a fairly innovative idea and it could be trialled next spring in the Most Revd Dr.McKenna series of shadow-boxing matches involving Ulster teams.

He lined him up and fucking nailed him. He only did this cos he thought he’d get away with it. Sure he’d the hands up almost before he hit him. The fact he did it proves he thought he’d get away with it. ‘I’ll just soften this lad up’ …into hospital…
If the ref had a previous bias the tyrone boys wouldnt have been trying that shit on…

4 Likes

I think it was irredeemably stupid from Burns. The fact he did shows that he shouldn’t be starting but he’s one of a few players Doohan and Logan have been overly loyal to since 2021.

The ref has a previous bias with Tyrone. How many players has Gough since out since last year for contributing to a melee?

Boo fucking hoo.

1 Like

It’s ok mate.

We’re still in the Championship, just think its time something was done about David Gough and his inability to be impartial.

Gough sending shane mcguigan off was the most blatantly dishonest act I’ve ever seen on a football pitch. It was simply to prevent him scoring, nothing more.

1 Like

Apart from peter canavan getting mccusker sent off, obviously

1 Like

Word is that McShane is gone from the panel along with Benny Gallen, Rafferty and a few others. The panel members hemorrhaged since 2021 is something else.

Lot of lads in their mid to late 20s now gone off the panel who would still have plenty to offer - R Brennan, L Brennan, M Bradley, McShane, Rafferty etc. Be interesting to see what will happen with them if and when a new management team come in, will they plough on with the u20s of the last few years in a rebuild.

Can’t see anyway Doohan and Logan will remain at the helm beyond this year.

Does mcshane get to keep the house?

1 Like

Not to worry @glenshane

Tyrone reminded McShane they owned his house and McShane reminded Tyrone they owned his house.

Both parties agreed to walk away quietly.

Thats a huge relief. Does this mean they’re all getting houses?