2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Another Tyrone victory over de duds here

As George Hamilton would say, defeat changes nothing there for Louth. A minimum 1 point victory over Kerry will qualify them, had they won today they’d likely still have failed to qualify without getting something off Kerry.

1 Like

Whst was the body language of the teams in Castlebar look like? Did anyone even want to be there?

Looked another pathetic crowd the one time i flicked over for 30 seconds.

We’ve more members in Crokes than there are LOL fans pal.

11k and something. More than I expected actually.

Louth had a bit of a vibe of a team who’d come to Castlebar in the qualifiers back in the day and narrowly lose. The Mayo supporters had none of the panic and urgency of those occasions however.

1 Like

Huh, we get 40k for the cup final

You get a few hundred for league games

Nice pitch opening vibe in Ballybofey.

Roscommon 1-21 Sligo 1-11.

An epic “lose by less than the other” scoring difference duel between Kildare and Sligo in store on the FINAL DAY.

Vinny Corey having a Colm Collins like first season after being guilt tripped into being the guardian of Monaghan football when nobody else would do it.

Sean Cavanagh has a little dig/joke at Joanne’s expense
Hope he enjoyed his time on the show

1 Like

What was the joke for those of us who had forgotten to switch back after the hurling?

Joanne said something the lines “The Derry forwards have made a fool out of me”

The soon to be former analyst said “wouldn’t be hard”

1 Like

The Sunday Game with a caption advertising next week’s coverage of “Clare v Limerick T.I. at 1:45pm” and “Kilkenny v Galway T.I. at 4pm”.

I thought for a second they were advertising two Inter-County v Fitzgibbon BOX OFFICE challenge games.

Not unlike Joe Dooley’s tenure in Offaly

Classic 65’s right beside each other here in Ballybofey

Ulster football pitches shouldn’t have 65s at all.

I was disappointed Kildare and Dublin didn’t turn up to Nowlan Park yesterday and find no 45 line marked out.

2 Likes

There’s something not there for Derry. I’d say the shine is gone off the diamond. There’s a soft All Ireland for someone this year.

In Vinny Corey’s first season, Monaghan have performed their obligatory final day Houdini act in the NFL, beaten Tyrone in Omagh in a rattlingly entertaining Ulster quarter-final before the inevitable beating at the hands of Rory Gallagher and Derry, turned around and pulled off a rattlingly entertaining draw against a Rory Gallagherless Derry, and now secured qualification in a seemingly rattlingly entertaining home tie against Clare - a game the whole country, and especially everybody in Monaghan - expected them to lose.

They now have a free hit against Donegal and we all know they’ll win that, as Monaghan fucking love playing Donegal, especially a surly, disinterested Donegal. They’ll probably finish second to Derry on scoring difference and get a home last 12 tie against a surly, disinterested Kildare, another team they love playing. They’ll win that and qualify for the quarter-finals.

In the quarter-finals they’ll inevitably draw Dublin and lose 1-18 to 0-9, tagging on a few points at the end to attain a slightly more respectful look on the scoreboard.

1 Like

An absolute thunderbastard from Doherty.

It’s almost like if you sprint through a static defence you can create a goal chance.

Disappointing not to see him play the percentages and take the sensible option however.