2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

1 Like

Derry are not taking the sensible option enough. Ocean Gallen single handedly dragging Donegal back into this.

A beautiful goal there. Nothing like a slam dunk slap down into the net from two yards. One of the great skills of the game.

Derry very impressive tbf.

This all out want in Derry for goals is refreshing

That goal attempt by the Donegal lad a minute ago was hilarious. It deserves to become a meme.

You could drive a bus through that Donegal defence, as they say.

Senior v Junior standard of conditioning on display here.

Fitzmaurice blowing some smoke up Donegal’s collective holes here.

Lovely old school Donegal vibe about this Donegal team. You’d imagine they’ll go drinking cans for the evening and then do a spot of nightswimming.

5 Likes

So much for the notion that mckaigue could handle clifford

Like awarded for the nightswimming reference.

Clare are the first team to be eliminated in the round robin. They can only catch Donegal on points and Donegal have the head to head advantage.

Qualified teams after 2 rounds:
Mayo
Galway
Derry
Monaghan

Every other team can still be eliminated. Even Dublin. So there will be a lot of tension ahead of that Dublin v Sligo game. You know this could be it for the year.

With the Donegal lads around it won’t be a quiet night.

2 Likes

The order of these games is all wrong really. There will be more fellas bet into their phones giving it the big one on TFK after the Munster Final than will be paying any real attention to the Leinster Final.

Galway v Armagh is a tough one. There isn’t really a suitable neutral venue that’s equidistant from both counties. Breffni Park would be neutral in favour of Armagh. The Hyde would be neutral in favour of Galway. Tullamore? Or Portlaoise with Kerry v Louth as part of an exceptionally attractive double header?

Monaghan v Donegal has to be Omagh.
Ennis (not Limerick, jesus do the GAA ever learn?) would be just fine for Mayo v Cork.
Derry v Clare - Sligo?
Dublin v Sligo - GBPP? Pairc Sean?
Kildare v Roscommon has to be Tullamore.
Tyrone v Westmeath will surely be Cavan, perhaps with Dublin v Sligo in an outrageously attractive double header.

Tullamore or Breffni I’d say. But with attendances so far surely a ground like TEG Cusack Park would look better full than either the above though.

16 games of football this weekend and I didn’t watch one. I don’t even know the results of most of them. Nor do I care either. I might tune in for the final round as there’ll be some small bit of jeopardy.
An absolute disgrace of a format.

7 Likes

I didnt see any of it but sounds like Derry were pretty military like in their performance today. Any time you win by 5 points in Ballybofey is a good day.

Just have to beat an already eliminated Clare by more than Monaghan beat Donegal and a QF spot is assured. Should avoid Dublin, Galway and Mayo then too. Kerry are just waiting to be taken out by an Armagh or someone in the last 12.

Mad to think 5 of the top 25-30 footballers in the country (Glass, Doherty, McFaul, Rogers & McGuigan) all went to the same wee Primary School on the outskirts of Maghera. That sort of chemistry is very hard to replicate.

Its on.

2 Likes

Donegal were ran ragged and Derry seem adverse to taking the point from 30m out, but they are an awesome counter attacking side with a devious eye for goals.

They will trouble anyone they meet, the Gallagher saga seems to have galvanised them massively.

1 Like

Derry looked the best team left in the competition today. They were lethal going forward.

1 Like