2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

McBennett probably loves them then

An Armagh banner with “Remember Natalie” on it. @glenshane won’t like that.

This game would have been lost if they played it in Croke park.

Mattie Donnelly enjoying an Indian summer.

McDaid mugged off 3 of them beautifully there. There’s a gif in that

Teams are getting noticably better at the cheap marks @Cheasty, have seen loads between the 3 games ive watched this weekend, only took a few years to implement.

Like fisted points, they’re a delight to watch.

We’d have a better game if we trusted its future to the likes of Colm

https://twitter.com/smallerfishgaa/status/1670446570964152324?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

1 Like

Add me to the list of those fierce frustrated by current football tactics.

Players play afraid, point opportunities that come up for a forward and they wont take it on. They’d rather endlessly handpass it and try work it in so someone will handpass it over the bar. The skill of a long range shooter is long gone, and no we are even losing average distance shooting.

Lots of examples of this type of play. The endless recycling of the ball and going backwards. Ryan o Donohoe got a ball half way between the 45 and 20m line. He solo’d the ball all the way back to between the 65m lines to hand pass it sideways again. Pointless. Even the last Cork point, 20m out, no one near Maguire (i think) bit he handpasses it off and its a handpass point when a goal was on. Galway forward earlier on with a shot on and he chooses to handpass it off.

Shane Walsh just won a mark and he can score from, so unless the wind is really bad, i dont now why a player of his quality wouldnt take on the free shot. His point from play there now cleared the crossbar well, so seems odd he didnt take shot earlier.

I always get a bang off Andrew Murnin that if he’d been around in the 1980s or 1990s he’d have been one of the most feared forwards in the country, but you always sense that modern football tactics have frustrated the fuck out of him during his career.

• games gone

Mooney is not going to give Tyrone much today anyway.

Aidan Forker has a very pleasing kicking style. Like a wind up toy, or a bit like a South American goalkeeper. Outside of the boot scores have always been more prized in Ulster than elsewhere.

Armagh doing a lot of fouling.

Ah lads

https://twitter.com/thegaacorner/status/1670442050376835072?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

The commentary position at Pairc Sean is usually on the far side? I think it looks better on the far side.

Fucking hell. How did they not give a red for that?

Watch Rafferty in that play

Just watch the fucking eejit

Imagine seeing that and saying ‘ah yeah, yellow card be fine’

He got a puck in the face on the ground from the scumbag corner back.