2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

In all fairness a goalie who misses a strike out of his hands isn’t going to hit it very far taking it in the style of a free. We had a lad playing on the goals in junior hurling who regularly missed the strike out of his hands but he was a roaring alcoholic.

4 Likes

He might have a stroke half way through the striking motion

Derry like most of the northern teams are slowweee burners,
Constantly recycling the ball,
Shite to watch but they get results
My big worry ref Cork is indiscipline
Against this type of play we will commit foul after foul

Joe will be listening to his lawyers between naps.

1 Like

Between faps

Danny Healy Rae will go bananas, on behalf of the good honest plain people of Kerry.

Some cod

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Slyone1069/status/1673290675125735424?t=U1tYLJhoZUEalF9WYAJQ4w&s=19

Its utterly mental stuff.

2 Likes

A lovely dig by Darren O’ Sullivan about Shane Walsh winning an All-Ireland club with strangers on OTB today. Also said that he felt the time Walsh spent in Australia was detrimental too.

Glenn Ryan will surely face some kind of punishment for his comments about referee Jerome Henry too. Called him one of the weaker refs. A fairly risky statement to make on camera unless his stint with Kildare has run its course.

Glenn is fond of blaming anyone but himself for how shit Kildare are - a right whiny bastard

6 Likes

Bit of the Davy Fitzes about him alright

I just can’t get my head around it. They are actively sabotaging their own product.

He does seem to have spent a lot of time whinging this year alright, it’s always someones fault

Darran

The off the ball lads reminiscing earlier about when some Tyrone players grew beards and positively creaming themselves over the memory.

Cork have run out of road I reckon, Derry will murder them.

They have one good marketing tool in David Clifford and they refuse to use him.

Presumably what will happen with the semi-finals of the Titus Bramble Cup is they’ll be steadily downgraded year on year, little bit by little bit, in the same way the lower tier hurling finals were steadily downgraded year by year after they first came in.

Last year the Tatum O’Neal Cup semi-finals were marketed as “a wonderful new tradition, clearing the decks to give four remedial (I was tempted to use a more insulting word but I don’t want to use a gratuitous insult against people with physical, mental or learning challenges) counties centre stage at Croke Park on a glorious summer Sunday. The GAA public will buy into this concept wholeheartedly out of pity for the less fortunate.”

This year a high profile Gaelic football knockout tie was televised in opposition to the Tallulah Bankhead Cup semi-finals, thereby downgrading them.

Next year they might be moved to the Saturday.

The year after that they might be moved to provincial venues.

By 2026 they might be in provincial venues and not televised.

By 2027 one semi-final might be in Nenagh at 12:30pm on a Saturday and the other one in Fortress GBPP at 5:30pm on a Sunday.

By 2028, these fixtures will hopefully no longer exist.

2 Likes

The product sells itself

https://twitter.com/OfficialCorkGAA/status/1673423033652899865?t=NLyBP2NvaRZ3BQj7OCojXA&s=19

Huge psychological boost for Derry cc @glenshane @Cheasty

1 Like